Booking 2 people in a 3 or 4 person stateroom

Last night, by phone, I tried to book a specific interior stateroom for 2 people (the stateroom had an occupancy of 3 max). This is on Serenade for August 2018. I wanted my 2 adult children across the hall from the balcony room I booked for me and my husband. The Royal rep would not allow me to book just 2 people in an interior room that can hold 3. I had to move my kids a few doors down to a stateroom that was max 2. So, not a big deal - but raised questions:

1. Does it depend on who answers the phone as to whether they will book 2 in a room with a 3/4 occupancy ?

(I could swear I was allowed to do this before)

2. If you book 3 in 3/4 room and then cancel 1 person (leaving 2 in the 3/4 room), will they move the 2 people to another cabin that is max 2 ? (This is what the rep told me they might do).

3. A related scenario: IF I had been allowed to book 2 in a 3/4 room and at some point decided to add a 3rd person - the risks there would be: the 3rd person could potentially pay a much higher price than my original booking and/or the 3rd person would not even be allowed to be added based on total ship/life boat occupancy. Is this correct ?

Thank you.

Last night, by phone, I tried to book a specific interior stateroom for 2 people (the stateroom had an occupancy of 3 max). This is on Serenade for August 2018. I wanted my 2 adult children across the hall from the balcony room I booked for me and my husband. The Royal rep would not allow me to book just 2 people in an interior room that can hold 3. I had to move my kids a few doors down to a stateroom that was max 2. So, not a big deal - but raised questions:

1. Does it depend on who answers the phone as to whether they will book 2 in a room with a 3/4 occupancy ?

(I could swear I was allowed to do this before)

2. If you book 3 in 3/4 room and then cancel 1 person (leaving 2 in the 3/4 room), will they move the 2 people to another cabin that is max 2 ? (This is what the rep told me they might do).

3. A related scenario: IF I had been allowed to book 2 in a 3/4 room and at some point decided to add a 3rd person - the risks there would be: the 3rd person could potentially pay a much higher price than my original booking and/or the 3rd person would not even be allowed to be added based on total ship/life boat occupancy. Is this correct ?

Thank you.

Royal has started enforcing occupancy restrictions on many sailings recently.

Cancelling a 3rd person may involve having them move your cabin to a dual occupancy cabin.

And you stand correct. The coast guard rules prevent sinning or trying to book 3 or 4 even if the cabin holds more than 2. Because of life boat capacity [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk