Veendam Aft Cabin for Caribbean cruise

zaxanon6

I apologize if this has already been answered; I've been googling most of the afternoon with no luck. I was wondering if anyone has been in an aft/stern cabin on the Veendam's Navigation Deck (e.g. 076 or 078) for a warm weather cruise? I saw a few reviews for Alaska/Antarctica/Norway, but not the Caribbean.

How bad is the noise from the Retreat? (Chairs scraping, music, etc.) I assume the area sees more use in nice weather than during northern cruises. Did anyone have issues with cigarette smoke/butts or soot on the balcony?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Not exactly what you were asking, but we sailed on the NA in a room aft just under the lido during spring break. No noise from chairs just an occassional waterfall from the crew spraying the deck above. I can't imagine the retreat being noisy. We had a cabana and never heard or saw chairs being moved.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

I apologize if this has already been answered; I've been googling most of the afternoon with no luck. I was wondering if anyone has been in an aft/stern cabin on the Veendam's Navigation Deck (e.g. 076 or 078) for a warm weather cruise? I saw a few reviews for Alaska/Antarctica/Norway, but not the Caribbean.

How bad is the noise from the Retreat? (Chairs scraping, music, etc.) I assume the area sees more use in nice weather than during northern cruises. Did anyone have issues with cigarette smoke/butts or soot on the balcony?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I am booked on an aft stateroom on the Veendam for Dec and will answer your questions then.

We were on deck 9, 223 aft corner with wrap-around balcony in February last year. It was a great cabin, no noise from the aft Retreat. With the outside stairway, it was an easy access to the Lido Deck. Deck 10 cabins should be just a nice, even below the Retreat. The activity in the evening was minimal and subdued .