MSC website problems

stoneman56

Has anyone else got this problem. I am pulling what's left of my hair out with the website. Trying to book a cruise, get to look at about 5 different itineraries then the site freezes up. The drop down where it says plan your holiday says page unavailable, if I am in a search everything freezes. No amount of cookie clearing or going in and out of the browser works. If I'm using Chrome the problem transfers to IE/ Firefox etc.The only cure seems to be turn the PC of and on again.

Same with iPad.

Edited by stoneman56

Unfortunately this seems to be a very common problem! There is another thread about the website. Apparently MSC are aware of the issue & say it will be fixed soon - I go onto a cruise site to look at their cruises & price them up as gave up with their website!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

...and, once you do book a cruise (I called after a while), you probably won't get access to it. On my b2b, I get access to one but not the other; however, I was able to add purchases [Enhance your cruise] to each cruise even though they don't show. I still haven't received any paperwork but have requested the invoice [Documents] on the one to which I have access. Fortunately, my sailings are 10 months away.

I am trying to book one that is shown as available on the UK site but when I phoned MSC to say I couldn't do the booking she said it was only available to the European market!

I thought we were part of Europe (still)....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Tried to book a cruise on the website and it froze up multiple times to the point I gave up and booked with a online agency that I use on occasion . I received a confirmation from the agency and MSC that my booking is confirmed, but the website shows my cabin is still available for booking.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Forums mobile app

The MSC website is firewalled at my work location. no other airline, cruise line, or travel website is. baffling.

I tried to research on my cel via MSC app and that was a nightmare. (mainly because I didn't clink the "view full site" link at the bottom of the page, didn't see it).

Eventually I wound up calling the 800# and booking cruise. I was ok with that, but not thrilled with the experience. some things I was quoted were not accurate.

We joined the Voyager's Club and contacted them directly. They made ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD. A+ experience, couldn't be happier. we wound up upgrading original selections, as it turns out.

just an fyi.

I don't have problem with freezing up but I do have a problem with the price. When I price it out(all the way to payment) on a different very well know online travel agency it gives my one price, when I do it on MSC it gives me another price that is much higher for exactly the same category.

This is all I'm getting. Been like this for days now. Chrome/Safari/Edge/IE Ipad, you name it. Unbelievable, like they don't want my business or something. I want to book something but can't see anything.

I would go to an agent but I can't see whats available in the first place.

And a very strange thing indeed. If I go to any agents site and search for Med cruises with MSC I get "system unavailable, send us an email" but if I search Carib cruises everything shows up.

638248af-8923-4f44-9850-d450f268327b.jpg

Edited by stoneman56