when do fall 2019 itineraries come out?

herbanrenewal

I am beginning to research river cruises for fall 2019. This is one type of vacation that I haven't done yet.

Being an addicted travel planner. I am already trying to gather info.

I'm not sure if there is a pattern to sales, but I know our 2019 bucket list adventure will be a river cruise. I think the Danube is our most likely choice. Between land and ocean cruises we've visited most of Western Europe, and other than a beautiful Adriatic cruise last year we have not seen most of Eastern Europe. Typical vacations for us are 3-4 weeks, including pre and post cruise extensions. I;m really enjoying the research on this type of holiday.

two questions - do river cruises have lower prices if booked early?

When will fall 2019 cruises be open for booking?

do river cruises have lower prices if booked early?

I believe this varies line-to-line, but it's not uncommon to see a 5% or 10% discount for an early deposit (by June of prior year) or paid in full fare. Booking early is the way to secure the specific cabin you want. You'll also see some lines discount sailing that haven't sold out (e.g., Emerald has some 2017 sailings listed at $1500 off per person right now, and Uniworld is selling Egypt at a steep discount through May 2018.)

When will fall 2019 cruises be open for booking?

You can expect to start seeing 2019 web and brochure material in early 2018. If you have your eye on a specific cruise/cabin and know what TA you'll be working with, it wouldn't be a bad idea to give him/her a heads up so they can keep watch for you.