NCL Escape Internet Question!

Joshlevine23

We are getting on the Escape this Saturday, June 24 (Very excited!!).

Ive been reading that NCL is testing an internet option like carnival has with an option for unlimited Social Media access for $5 a day. From what Ive heard, they're only testing on a small number of ships and the Escape is supposed to be one of them.

Can anyone who's been on the Escape lately share some info please?!

Thanks!!

Just got off Escape, they offered us the Social package for $9.99pp the whole cruise.

You need to use the NCL iConcierge app, but it worked good, you can text any registered phone on the ship or even call it. The service worked pretty good.

Now the internet package a different story, work bought me the premium internet package and it was not good at all, the speed was very slow.

Just got off Escape, they offered us the Social package for $9.99pp the whole cruise.

You need to use the NCL iConcierge app, but it worked good, you can text any registered phone on the ship or even call it. The service worked pretty good.

Now the internet package a different story, work bought me the premium internet package and it was not good at all, the speed was very slow.

Thanks for this information. I have 250 wifi minutes and some extra for Platinum and hoping to facetime my kids (23 and 19) while on the ship at sea at night once in a while. I hope this can be done so I can keep in touch.

Thanks.

Was it "slow" like most satellite internet connections. Or was it unusable. We have sailed on the Escape twice (before the "upgrade" last summer) and both times the internet was "unusable". We sail 5-6 times a year, an we are happy with the internet speed on every other ship. But not the pre-upgrade Escape.

Was it "slow" like most satellite internet connections. Or was it unusable. We have sailed on the Escape twice (before the "upgrade" last summer) and both times the internet was "unusable". We sail 5-6 times a year, an we are happy with the internet speed on every other ship. But not the pre-upgrade Escape.

I had the unlimited premium package and had no issues at all. Uploaded videos to YouTube and it was OK. Was getting around 10 Meg if I remember correctly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Can anyone speak specifically to the Social Media internet package? I'm also interested in getting this package if it is usable.

This is what I'm looking for info on as well! We leave in 2 days and I want to know if I should ditch the 250 free minutes and just pay $35 for unlimited social media and switch my free at sea choice!

• 2 weeks later...
I had the unlimited premium package and had no issues at all. Uploaded videos to YouTube and it was OK. Was getting around 10 Meg if I remember correctly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I was getting a half meg if i was lucky, they state with the premium package you can use netflix, i could not even load the catalog, pretty unhappy for the $210 it costed for the week.

The $9.99 package is not the social media internet package. It is the fee for the use of the iConcierge app. This app allows you to text anyone else (who also has the app) on the ship, and it allows you to place calls to their cabin phone, but only to leave voice messages.

You can also use the app to check your on board account (with limited accuracy, we've found) and also to make reservations for dinners and shows.

Details about the internet packages can be found here: https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7591