check your onboard C & A coupon book is not out of date !

to our cost ,we found out the Diamond C & A coupon book put in our cabin was out of date.I am specifically referring to the free internet access. There is a new system now. Previously you used the internet then handed in your coupon on the same day. Now you have to hand in the coupon first and guest relations put an internet credit against your name. THIS DOES NOT SHOW UP ON YOUR SEAPASS FOLIO and that is how we found out, as the credit we were expecting never materialised.The person on guest relations apologised about the old coupon book being issued to us but could not/ would not refund the money. I know it wasn't a lot in dollars but it was the principal, our usage was not free.So, please check your coupon books. THe one we had was dated 12/04 and should have been 3/05. The issue date is on the bottom right hand side.Makes you wonder what else we may have missed out on !:(

I'm not sure what you are claiming. We have been on three RCI cruises in the past three months and each time, as has happened every other time we cruised with them, when we turned in our coupons (in our case for twenty minutes of free internet usage apiece) they asked if we had already used the allotted amount of time, and subsequently the appropriate credits totalling $20 have appeared on our account. Unless you were trying to use coupons from a previous cruise in addition to coupons for the cruise you were on, the date the coupons were printed shouldn't have meant anything, since the credits haven't changed. :confused:

In September we had no problem turning in our coupons after using the Internet (on Monarch), but in October, we had to fight with the purser's desk on Brilliance to get our credit. We used our 20 minutes and turned in the (unexpired) coupons. At first the purser told us that we could not get credit, as they had just changed the system and you had to get your credit first, have it applied to your Seapass and use the credit. We showed her on the coupon where it said to do it as we did, and finally got our money back, but really had to argue with her

So you might want to make sure ahead of time which way to do it before you actually sign on. It sounds as if they are making a fleet-wide change.

to our cost ,we found out the Diamond C & A coupon book put in our cabin was out of date.I am specifically referring to the free internet access. There is a new system now. Previously you used the internet then handed in your coupon on the same day. Now you have to hand in the coupon first and guest relations put an internet credit against your name. THIS DOES NOT SHOW UP ON YOUR SEAPASS FOLIO and that is how we found out, as the credit we were expecting never materialised.The person on guest relations apologised about the old coupon book being issued to us but could not/ would not refund the money. I know it wasn't a lot in dollars but it was the principal, our usage was not free.So, please check your coupon books. THe one we had was dated 12/04 and should have been 3/05. The issue date is on the bottom right hand side.Makes you wonder what else we may have missed out on !:(

On which cruise did this happen to you? I just noticed that we were both on the Jewel westbound transatlantic in August. We redeemed our coupons on that cruise without a problem, If you had your problem on the transatlantic it is even more mystifying. Our subsequent cruises were on Enchantment of the Seas and the Jewel r/t from Boston to Bermuda and the Caribbean and if there is a fleetwide change in policy it hadn't reached either of these ships by November 1st.

I think the problem stems from the package that is offered when you sign on the computer for either 25 cents per minute or 33 cents per minute (not sure of the price). I never had a problem with the 55 per minute rate but when I opted for the cheaper package they never credited my sea pass account. I asked Guest Relations and they told me it was credited and it wasn't.....I asked again on the last night after waiting on a long line and she told me it was credited and would show up on the last morning and it didn't I think she credited minutes.....no credit issued towards the minutes I used. The way it's set up now is very confusing because (I think) the cheaper rate is excluded from the coupon. I've been on 3 cruises since August and I've heard three different explanations from Guest Relations.

Dotsie

I'm not sure what you are claiming. We have been on three RCI cruises in the past three months and each time, as has happened every other time we cruised with them, when we turned in our coupons (in our case for twenty minutes of free internet usage apiece) they asked if we had already used the allotted amount of time, and subsequently the appropriate credits totalling $20 have appeared on our account. Unless you were trying to use coupons from a previous cruise in addition to coupons for the cruise you were on, the date the coupons were printed shouldn't have meant anything, since the credits haven't changed. :confused:

I believe she stated it was put in her cabin..........as copied below.

to our cost ,we found out the Diamond C & A coupon book put in our cabin was out of date.

We were on the Jewel in February and just got off again yesterday. I had a problem with the internet coupon, too. Last February we were told to use the internet first and then it would be credited.....so I did the same this time, only to be told after the fact that they changed policies and it has to be turned in before using the internet.

How can you be expected to turn in your internet coupon before using the internet.....if the Pursers Desk is closed?

Due to time differences/or emergencies etc folks might need to use the internet at hours when the Pursers Desk is closed....so what happens then I wonder.

Liz

Shanafan- thanks for repeating what I said. The coupon book was INSIDE the cabin when we arrived onboard the Brilliance OTS for the westbound transatlantic, 11th Nov.

Negc- Indeed we were on the Jewel, but they were using the old system on that sailing (31st Aug) . I.e use internet , hand in coupon same day.We used our coupons for that sailing without any problems. The Person on Guest relations on the Brilliance showed me the new coupon and the wording is completely different.

The best thing to do now is hand in your coupon at the start of the cruise. It does not expire during the cruise. When you log on, a credit amount shows on screen. Also , each individual must make sure they hand in their coupon and use seperate sea pass cards when logging on. Before, the coupons we used were amalgamated onto one sea pass account paid by one individual. Now each person gets their own internet credit on the computer system. NO MONETARY CREDITS APPEAR ON SEA PASS FOLIOS ANYMORE.

I am trying to make this as clear as possible.

How can you be expected to turn in your internet coupon before using the internet.....if the Pursers Desk is closed?

Due to time differences/or emergencies etc folks might need to use the internet at hours when the Pursers Desk is closed....so what happens then I wonder.

Liz

I never used my coupon because just as you said, every time I thought of it, either the pursers desk was closed, or if it was open there was too long of a line. It just wasn't worth standing in line for 15-20 minutes just to check email that would probably depress me LOL. I was under the impression you had to hand the coupon in and then use the internet immediately thereafter, which turns out not to be the case. Had I realized that, I would have handed it in the first day. It's too bad they couldn't just put these credits on C&A cruisers accounts and save everyone some time and trouble. Especially since it's not a $$ credit to your seapass, just a credit to the net account should you use it.

Shanafan- thanks for repeating what I said. The coupon book was INSIDE the cabin when we arrived onboard the Brilliance OTS for the westbound transatlantic, 11th Nov.

Negc- Indeed we were on the Jewel, but they were using the old system on that sailing (31st Aug) . I.e use internet , hand in coupon same day.We used our coupons for that sailing without any problems. The Person on Guest relations on the Brilliance showed me the new coupon and the wording is completely different.

The best thing to do now is hand in your coupon at the start of the cruise. It does not expire during the cruise. When you log on, a credit amount shows on screen. Also , each individual must make sure they hand in their coupon and use seperate sea pass cards when logging on. Before, the coupons we used were amalgamated onto one sea pass account paid by one individual. Now each person gets their own internet credit on the computer system. NO MONETARY CREDITS APPEAR ON SEA PASS FOLIOS ANYMORE.

I am trying to make this as clear as possible.

Thanks for the clarification. I know that in September on the Enchantment and in late October on the Jewel, the old system was still in effect. I will have to check my coupons more carefully when we sail again on RCI.

However, since, according to the Cruise Compasses at least, the Purser's desk (now called the Guest Relations desk) is open 24 hours a day, it would seem that it is indeed possible to turn those coupons in at your convenience and when the lines are short or non-existent.

Archived