Flooding in Mobile?

elainmir

Does anyone have any info about flooding in Mobile? We leave on our cruise tomorrow and all I can find is warnings that flooding may be present in downtown Mobile. We want to make sure we have a clear path to the port. ;)

If you're coming in to Mobile via the interstate you should be fine. I would avoid Old Shell Road (around the intersection with Hillcrest Road and through Crichton in particular) and Dauphin Street (Crichton area) after any rain, and be prepared to turn around at any underpasses. I'd also avoid driving on Catherine, Texas, and Broad during or after rains. Texas and Broad cross each other west of downtown. Catherine runs perpendicular to Government, Spring Hill, and Dauphin, so you probably won't have a reason to be in that area.

You should be fine. If you're not in mid town, you probably won't know anything happened, and if you're terminal bound, you'd have no reason to be in mid town. Mid town and Govt St are notorious for flooding, but the water recedes as soon as the rain stops. Other wise, it's a declared no wake zone. Seriously. LOL

Does anyone have any info about flooding in Mobile? We leave on our cruise tomorrow and all I can find is warnings that flooding may be present in downtown Mobile. We want to make sure we have a clear path to the port. ;)

Leave much earlier.

The causeway going across the bay is flooded and closed in both directions. It usually floods right at the mid point across the bay where I-10 crosses over the causeway. I-10 Bayway is moving slowly, but other than that, it's fine. Some local roads closed due to flooding, mostly around the Dog River Bridge and that area of Dauphin Island Pkwy. No shocker there. Other than that, it seems business as usual.

https://www.facebook.com/LOCAL15News/videos/10154554496821587/?pnref=story