FCD and currency with respect to Australia cruise

sunscreen

On our last cruise purchased a future cruise deposit in CAN funds on Princess. Am now looking at booking an Australian cruise with US travel agency which will be paid in US funds. When I set up my on board acct, am I able to request that be in AUS dollars and transfer that FCC over to AUS funds as well? Much better exchange on AUS to CAN then from US to CAN right now. I heard that on Australian cruises with Princess it is automatically set up in AUS funds. Is this thru? Appreciate any advice.

If you are going to book one of the Australian-based ships (Sea Princess, Sun Princess, Golden Princess) on a cruise that starts and ends in Australia/NZ, then the on-board currency is the Aussie dollar. If it is one of these cruises that you are looking at, you will probably find that you can get a better price by booking through an Australian-based on-line TA. If you email a couple, you will see if they are able to book a cruise for you. There are several good ones that deal mainly with cruises. I have heard many times that Australian cruises cost more if booked through a TA in USA. By booking through an Australian TA, you will have the added advantage of no tips. Don't feel awkward about that, the stewards etc. are paid a much high rate on the Australian-based cruises to bring them up to what they would get on cruises where tips apply.:)

Even if you can't use your FCD that was paid for in CAD, the cruise is likely to be so much cheaper that it won't matter.