QE2 January 9 Panama Whose coming?

captain_rad

This will be our first Cunard sailing, even though my wife and I were married on the Queen Mary, she didn't sail anywhere. ;)

Who will be joining us out of New York?

Looking forward to a wonderful time.

Raphael & Janet

Carnival Sensation 2001 Carribbean (Spring break. What were we thinking)

NCL Dawn 2002 Carribbean

NCL Star 2004 Alaska

NCL Star 2005 Mexican Riveria

QE2 January 9, 2006

This solo cruiser from New Hampshire will be on board as a first time QE2 pax. Always wanted to sail with her and have now the time to do so. Looking forward to the total experience.

I have packaged the cruise between two train trips (I do not fly) and several days in NYC and then in LA. Taking the Texas Eagle out of LA via San Antonio to Chicago and then across to Boston.

I have no experience with LA. Any suggestions as to hotels, restaurants, etc?

I would highly recomend staying on the Queen Mary. My wife and I got married on board her and loved it. We try to go back every year for our anniversary. She still has the style and grace of the old Liners. For dinner I would recomend Sir Winston's, A wonderful restaurant at the rear of the ship with great views of Long Beach.

We will see you on board.

Raphael & Janet

Captain RAD

Excellent recommendation. It is done and at a significant savings vs an inner city LA hotel.

We need to set up a place to all meet once the ship is under way and out of NY harbor. I am in a Coronia class stateroom so will be dining in that restaurant. Very much looking forward to the entire experience.

Excellent recommendation. It is done and at a significant savings vs an inner city LA hotel.

We need to set up a place to all meet once the ship is under way and out of NY harbor. I am in a Coronia class stateroom so will be dining in that restaurant. Very much looking forward to the entire experience.

You will enjoy the Queen Mary especially after the QE2. Ask them for a First Class cabin on the Queen Mary. A much nicer room for just a little extra money. If you have a sweet tooth you must stop by California Shakes on the promanade of the Queen Mary. His shakes are wonderful. Tell the owner Ron, a pair of UPS pilots told you to stop by. He will know who we are.

See you on board.

Raphael & Janet

Since we all will be aboard the QE2 on January 9th it would be nice to meet one another aboard the ship.How about the Yacht Club which is located at the aft end of the Upper Deck at between 9:30PM AND 10 PM.Does anyone else have any other ideas?

:) The Yacht club, first night out. My wife and I will be there.

Since we all will be aboard the QE2 on January 9th it would be nice to meet one another aboard the ship.How about the Yacht Club which is located at the aft end of the Upper Deck at between 9:30PM AND 10 PM.Does anyone else have any other ideas?

Good idea. The Yacht Club sounds fine and 10 PM should give everyone time to finish up dinner. Perfect for an after dinner drink. Count me in.

Sounds like a plan. There was a thread started on the Roll Call posts about the World Cruise but it seems to have dropped way back from lack of interest. I know several of the Transatlantic segment folks will be continuing to at least Fort Lauderdale and several are going through to LA. Maybe they will join us before the date and sign on to the meeting. It would be fun to learn of their transatlatic segment as they all seem to be QE2 enthusiasts.

Doubt very many of the full world cruise folks even read or belong to Cruise Critic but who knows.

All I have left to do is purchase a couple of items. Waited until the last minute to see how the weight would be. Started off last July with a goal of one pound a week but since food just loves to jump on board and never leave, I only managed to shed about seven pounds. So, all caution to the wind, I shall deal with the consequences of three superior meals a day plus bullion at mid-morning, afternoon tea and sweets and whatever buffets that should throw themselves in my path.

Since I love to dance, maybe I can mitigate the damage.

It is raining here in NH today so our two inches of the white stuff is all gone as is the ice on the pond. January 1 2005 began with no snow on the ground but from that point on it snowed about every three days up to the end of March. This year I am looking for all of the snow fall to occur between January 8 and January 28 when I am away. We shall see.

OK - Like to join you all 9th Jan 9.30 to 10.30pm in the Yacht Club. We are two of the world cruisers but suspect that there are many others.

Looking forward to meeting you both. Are you boarding in New York or will you have done the Southhampton to New York leg?

The NYC to LA crowd is meeting in the Yacht Club between 9:30 and 10:00 PM on Monday evening. Would love to have you all join us to learn of your voyage and to kick off the second leg of the World Cruise. Since The QE2 does not deliver the NYC folks back home, your voyage is actually the beginning leg of the World Cruise, promotinal material not withstanding.

Thanks for the invitation. We will be on that "microsegment" of the World Cruise - disembarking in Fort Lauderdale and staying for two days before returning to the icy grip of the New England winter.

Although we do fly we only consider it a proper vacation if we never use an airplane nor an automobile. We've done the Texas Eagle to San Antonio via Chicago several times ourselves. We really enjoy the layover in Chicago and usually do one of the free walking tours. One spring day we took the L to Oak Park and walked amongst the houses designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. (We usually don't even drive into Boston preferring to take the bus or train from Portland. That's when the holiday really starts for us.)

It's a monsoon here at the moment just imagine if it were a few degrees colder.:eek:

Well, by God, Cheryl and I will be aboard for the beginings of the NYC to LA run, but unless we can pony up more time and money, Ft. Lauderdale will be it for us. Now the question remains, will I be up at 9:30 - 10:00 o'clock? I really do want to get up and see us come up through New York harbor that morning. So we'll see! ;-)

Looking forward to meeting you both. Are you boarding in New York or will you have done the Southhampton to New York leg?

No: we're Brits and will be sailing Southampton to Southampton and are looking forward to meeting some of the CC correspondents that we have been reading and occasionally replying to!

Peter

I will be boarding in NY on Jan 9th and going all the way to Sydney. I also recommend the Queen Mary in Long Beach CA. I stayed on her in Oct prior to a Carnival cruise. The plan for the Yacht Club the first night out is a great idea, that has been my normal "late night hang-out" in the past. See you there. :)

Where are the rest of the NYC to LA and beyond passengers? Just returned home from a business trip and found my final documents hanging in a DHL pouch on the mail box from my TA. Good thing the neighbors are not overly nosey or someone else might be taking the trip.

Only four weeks to go. Will be glad to be rid of the snow for a while.I had to shovel my way to and from the house. We had about 10 - 12 inches here in Southeastern New Hampshire.

I also do not fly and would like to hear how the trips goes. I will be on the Queen Mary Two on Jan 3rd - leaving from Boston! I can not wait to get into the warm weather..I can vouch for the SNOW that we had yesterday. It was a lot more than we thought we were going to get.

I also do not fly and would like to hear how the trips goes. I will be on the Queen Mary Two on Jan 3rd - leaving from Boston! I can not wait to get into the warm weather..I can vouch for the SNOW that we had yesterday. It was a lot more than we thought we were going to get.

<LOL> I have to laugh! You do not fly, and your partner is a commercial (airline) pilot! ?! Wow! Talk abut yin and yang!

No wonder you asked about doing the crossing and around Europe thing!

You really should get on with flying! Flying is perfectly fine! It's those idiots on the ground that will make your blood roil!

Yes, we had plenty of snow yesterday! And let me tell you, living in a rural area- They did not do a very good job of clearing my road! It's why I finallyl had to brek down a few years back and get a car (car-platformed SUV, really) with all-wheel drive. After learning to drive a plow and doing it well, thank you!) when I was married to someone who sold them and thrived on snowstorms, I got sick and tired of me and my little Honda Civic VX being stuck, unable to manuever my long unpaved, steep driveways! I don't miss him, but I sure do miss owning a snowplow sometimes! <G>

Archived