Avalon tours dress code

gato4

I never said women with a wrap over a tank top was unacceptable. But I have seen women in only cap sleeves and sleeves that only covered the upper third of the arm turned away. There is no way you are going to know what the cathedral docent will think before you get to the cathedral so it is best to err on the side of being a little more conservatively dressed than absolutely necessary so as not to draw attention to your attire. Why take the chance and possibly spoil your opportunity to visit?

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that women with a tank and a wrap would be turned away. Cap sleeves, if they are brief enough, I can imagine being turned away. I was just trying to provide clarification--you seemed to be implying that short sleeves in general were interdicted, even for men. I agree conservative is the way to go in general.

Last fall in Rome I saw girls with the shortest of shorts and tank tops going in and out of churches. Sigh.

If you do better following tradition, do so. We of course, being older, do that....but just returned from seeing cathedrals and churches in Spain, Portugal, France....and it was tourists as usual. Shorts, tank tops....anything goes. Have a great trip....really hot last summer. Be prepared for hot, cool, wet, and a/c on board.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums