Breakaway questions

wezie

Hi. I'll be sailing on the Breakaway in October (7 night Bahamas and Florida) and I have some questions....

Are there washing machines that the passengers can use?

Is there an extra charge to go to the ice bar? Do you need reservations or can you just go whenever you feel like it?

How is the Great Escape? Is there an up charge? Does anyone know when it is offered?

Does anyone have a list of the main dining room menus and which order they are for a 7 night? I would like to try to plan my specialty dining around them for the days that have the least appealing menus.

For specialty dining .....is it hard to get a table on the waterfront?

What exactly is the Vibe and how much is it?

Thanks so much for your help!!

Hi. I'll be sailing on the Breakaway in October (7 night Bahamas and Florida) and I have some questions....

Are there washing machines that the passengers can use? No

Is there an extra charge to go to the ice bar? Do you need reservations or can you just go whenever you feel like it? Yes, I believe the charge is $20 p/p and includes 2 drinks. Reservations made on board.

How is the Great Escape? Is there an up charge? Does anyone know when it is offered?

Does anyone have a list of the main dining room menus and which order they are for a 7 night? I would like to try to plan my specialty dining around them for the days that have the least appealing menus. Menus are on a 14 day rotation and you won't know what day of the rotation your sailing will be on. Book when you want the specialties and forget about the MDR.

What exactly is the Vibe and how much is it? Exclusive area of the ship, bar service and food are in there, padded loungers. Only 75 passes are available per sailing. Price is about $95 I think.

good luck

Are there washing machines that the passengers can use?

I don't believe so, but they have a special mid-week where you can stuff a bag for (I think) around $20.

Is there an extra charge to go to the ice bar? Do you need reservations or can you just go whenever you feel like it?

Yes, there is an extra cover for it (I believe it's $20 and includes two drinks). You can go whenever you want.

The Great Escape is actually AWESOME. It's free, and offered a few times at the beginning of the week. As soon as you board, go to the theater and make your reservations, as it fills up quickly. You can't pre-reserve this.

Does anyone have a list of the main dining room menus and which order they are for a 7 night? I would like to try to plan my specialty dining around them for the days that have the least appealing menus.

I don't -- sorry.

Nope, you just may have to wait a few more minutes.

What exactly is the Vibe and how much is it?

It's a separate secluded sundeck that has hottubs, your own bar, and loungers. It's (I think) $79 per person for the week. I've never done it, but I've heard it's worth it if you like to escape the noise of the pool deck, and they apparently treat you like royalty. You have to be one of the first groups on the ship though, because they only sell about 70 of them or so. As soon as you board, head straight to Guest Services and get on line ASAP. I tried to get them on my last Breakaway cruise in May, and we missed it by TWO people. I didn't feel it was a loss though, as we were in Bermuda for three days, so it would have been a waste for us. Keep in mind, it can get pretty windy up there on sea days.

Hope this helps! Breakaway is a great ship.

Are there washing machines that the passengers can use? No

Is there an extra charge to go to the ice bar? Yes Do you need reservations or can you just go whenever you feel like it? Recommend prior reservation but you can try once on board.

How is the Great Escape? Is there an up charge? No Does anyone know when it is offered?

What exactly is the Vibe and how much is it? Private adult area on deck. Believe it is around $99 or more. Again, try to reserve before boarding since passes are limited or, as soon as you board.

Do not have the answers to all your questions but see the ones I did post.

MARAPRINCE

Unfortunately, you cannot prebook/prereserve The Vibe, as they are sold on a first come/first serve basis.

As for the Ice Room, that I'm not sure of...but it rarely fills up and the hours are pretty good. You can definitely fit it in while you're on board at some point.

if you have onboard credit, it can go towards both the Vibe and Ice Bar.

You're welcome!

Yes, they still charge $20 per person. You're paying for the "experience" more than the drinks, really.

Thanks everyone! As for the up charge to the ice bar. Do they still charge if you have the drink package?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You're welcome!

Yes, they still charge $20 per person. You're paying for the "experience" more than the drinks, really.

Got ya! Sounds really cool. (pardon the pun. [emoji41])

Got ya! Sounds really cool. (pardon the pun. [emoji41])

We did it on the getaway and we enjoyed it, we were the only ones though in there. The bartender didn't stick to the 2 drinks, so like JC said, your paying for the experience.