Just made Diamond status, what's concierge lounge like, looking for reviews & advice.

Looking for reviews or any specifics on how things go in the concierge lounge. Just made diamond status and will be sailing on either the Explorer or Navigator. Is everything free from cost. Are the non alcholic slushy drinks also free? Can you take a guest in with you? Is it open 24hrs. HOw large is it? About how many people does it hold? Can't wait to experience the members only club. Do they serve food and sweets? Oh, is there a dress code? Is swimmwear acceptable in there?We're all over the age of 21 so age isn't a question. Just trying to find out the rules of the infamous concierge club.

Looking for reviews or any specifics on how things go in the concierge lounge. Just made diamond status and will be sailing on either the Explorer or Navigator.

Is everything free from cost. - Yes.

Are the non alcholic slushy drinks also free? - No slushy drinks.

Can you take a guest in with you? - No.

Is it open 24hrs. - Yes, you use a special key to gain access.

HOw large is it? About how many people does it hold? - Not vey big. might accomdate about 20 people comfortably.

Can't wait to experience the members only club. Do they serve food and sweets? - A few items.

Oh, is there a dress code? Is swimmwear acceptable in there? - No swimwear.

We're all over the age of 21 so age isn't a question. Just trying to find out the rules of the infamous concierge club.

You won't find much going on in the concierge lounge except in the evening. Drinks will be available at that time. However, the Concierge is not really a bartender and just has a few bottles of popular brands. He is not equipped to make foo foo drinks that need a blender or anything that requires exotic liquers. If you were envisioning a place you could go to all day long for free booze, it's just not like that.

We don't drink any alcholic beverages at all, ever, But we do like the non-alcholic foo foo drinks or smoothies as we call them. We usually have a healthy fruit smoothie/breakfast drink just about every morning and since they don't make anything that requires a blender then I guess we'll have to use it for other services., Can someone tell what other services does the concierge offer besides food & drinks?

We don't drink any alcholic beverages at all, ever, But we do like the non-alcholic foo foo drinks or smoothies as we call them. We usually have a healthy fruit smoothie/breakfast drink just about every morning and since they don't make anything that requires a blender then I guess we'll have to use it for other services., Can someone tell what other services does the concierge offer besides food & drinks?

The concierge lounge offers continental breakfast in the morning and cocktails and hot and cold hors d'ouevres in the evening. There are RCI on line computer terminals available to you in the lounge and the concierge can get you reservations for Chops or Portofino, the ice show, or tender tickets if necessary. He or she can also obtain early debarkation luggage tags if you need them. Menus for each day of the cruise can also be previewed in the lounge, in case you want to time your visit to the alternative restaurants so as not to miss any special dinner items that may be offered in the main dining room. If you are in a suite with a DVD player, there are DVDs that you can borrow.

On Voyager class (and unfortunately, imho, on Freedom of the Seas as well, the concierge lounge is an interior room with no sea views). On the Radiance class and now on the Enchantment of the Seas) the lounges have great window views of the outside scenery. The capacity of the lounge is limited and in fact, on occasion, they have to open a satellite lounge to handle the number of suite guests and Diamond members aboard. It is a nice perk and is a popular gathering spot before dinner.

Thanks for the info, sounds like the Enchantment has a better set up than the Explorer. I'm sure it's nice to be able to enjoy a lite bite while gazing out to sea on the enchantment. I would hope that the Freedom Class Concierge Lounge has windows. I haven't seen the floor plans but if the Radiance class has windows, I can't imagine them not putting windows on the freedom class. Windows makes for a much nice and brighter environmnet.

Thanks for the info, sounds like the Enchantment has a better set up than the Explorer. I'm sure it's nice to be able to enjoy a lite bite while gazing out to sea on the enchantment. I would hope that the Freedom Class Concierge Lounge has windows. I haven't seen the floor plans but if the Radiance class has windows, I can't imagine them not putting windows on the freedom class. Windows makes for a much nice and brighter environmnet.

I agree with you. However, according to the deck plans for the Freedom, the concierge lounge will be an interior lounge just as it is on Voyager class ships. My only serious disappointment with Voyager Class ships is that their design directs passengers attention towards the interior of the ship and away from the views of the sea. Freedom pretty much follows the same pattern.

Archived