Going to be working on Freedom!

Working on a cruise ship is WORK. Let me say that. You work usually 12 hour days with maybe one break...and thats EVERYDAY for 6 MONTHS!

Well, I shouldnt say that....when you arent working, you can do what you like. If you are in port and arent working you can enjoy the port. I had many days of just chilling at the beach or doing my favorite past time, catching up on needed sleep.

I will say that the job "Entertainment Host" is the coolest job I have ever had. You literally get to play games with people all day and get paid. You get PAID to have fun. Whats more awesome than that?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey everyone!

Cool! I shall get to meet a lot of people!

To answer a couple of questions:

I am not a cruise director..just one of the Fun Squad. One day but not just yet.

I'll be on the Freedom from September 2nd-March 3rd so if youre on the ship sometime during that, you shall most certainly see me!

Super looking forward to it.

This will be my second contract!

Hi Mark, met you on Elation in Feb 2017, just wondering if you have and info on what will be added when she goes into dry dock next month? We will be back on her next Feb.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Congrats, Looking forward to seeing you Sept 2, also Oct 28. Panama cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi,

This is Mark's Mom, he's here at home till he fly's out to Texas in a few weeks. My birthday is October 28, I'm so jealous that I won't be on his ship for this cruise!:( But, I will be seeing him onboard in February.

I sure hope he takes photos (when he can), me and his Dad are SO happy for him and these opportunities to see the world!

Of course, I'm totally biased and think he's the best.:hearteyes:

Have a great time!

Bobbi

• 2 weeks later...
Hey everyone!

My name is Mark. I go by Marky Mark on the ships and I shall be starting back on the Freedom September 2nd!

I am one of the Entertainment Hosts!

Just wanted to give a shout out to anyone who is cruising later this year on the Freedom to say hello to me =D

Looking forward to meeting you when my partner and I sail on November 25! :p

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Mark's my son, sailing on the Freedom. I was hoping that some kind folks here would take a photo with Mark, or of Mark working, and post it.:)

I asked last cruise and got some terrific photos and even videos of the Fun Staff dancing! :D

We're going on his cruise, but not till February. If you see him, you can tell him HI from me.

Thanks & have a great cruise!!

:ship: Bobbi

I will get a pic or two

Oh, thank you so much! He called today using WhatsApp. So nice to be able to see him! :hearteyes: He showed us his cabin, yeah, they are tiny.

Well, looking forward to seeing the photos, thanks again!

:ship: Bobbi

We'll be boarding Saturday 10/7 - can't wait to meet you, Mark!!! Cruise ship employees are some of the HARDEST WORKING people anywhere! I always try to stop and talk to those I encounter and let them know how much I appreciate what they do. Get to know your crew! They are fantastic people! We've even had some of the same crew/waiters on more than one cruise. They always remember us because we've taken the time to get to know them.I see far too many passengers speak to and treat them so horribly. Most of the crew are working so very far away from their families back home for very long periods of time. A smile and a kind word goes a long way!