Will my September (sold out) cruise open up

My September Celebrity Med cruise has been sold out for months (bar a suite) and the only cabin I could grab was my very first interior. :rolleyes:

Am hoping to pay and upgrade should a better cabin open up (I have no perks as such so nothing to lose)

I know final payment is only due in July in some countries, so was just wondering what the probability may be ??

Fingers crossed - in the meantime I continue to check twice daily !

You will find available cabins usually after the final payment is due- 60 days on most ships. People who don't pay by then lose their cabins and they become available. But, a cruise line will not just change your cabin to another. Your TA or you must do it.

So you or your TA must keep checking for available cabins to find one. A TA may not think to check every day but you can.

We have two cruises booked and had to get inside cabins on both on THE deck we want. There are empty cabins here but they are blocked because they are for 4 and the ship wants 4 in those cabins. So you can book one if there are 4 of you but not 2. If you book for 4 then cancel two, they will move you to a cabin for 2- you can't stay in a cabin for 4.

We have gotten outside here a number of times but often after the 60 days or way before the cruise. WE are hoping to get an outside cabin but we are on the deck we want. This is the very back of the promenade deck with all sorts of things happening every night and we are just on the other side of the back elevators!

Also check for cancelled cabins before final payment. Our last cruise had no cabins on Wednesday but someone canceled on Friday morning, we got their cabin Friday , the only one canceled, and sailed Sunday!

Edited by Bonnie J.
added to it