Live from MSC Meraviglia Sailing from Barcelona 7/7/17 with lots of photos!

kikki21

Hi Kikki really enjoying the review, so many decisions made already after hearing your views! Love to hear what the Cirque de Soleil dinner was like, and the choices, we have the booking but thought we might see if we can go the night of my brothers 60th. Thanks again for sharing

6d8e6dee21f8c7814a246b3b41eef82a.jpgd64047d708e799cd722f53e9bcdf580c.jpgfb54843c2472455e418c0b623a192d56.jpga46b0b2606c1d5f78251e2b3b20d4da3.jpg08328a3ec864d6ce897212700c44c804.jpg906d432f8a7f3d1046f22a7f2b13abed.jpg

Here's our Butcher's Cut pics - we had previously booked the 3 restaurant dining experience so had the 39 Euro menu to choose from last night. It was lovely! Excellent service and food. I added the lobster at an extra cost! Will post a pic of the menu we had!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are these restaurants available free of charge?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Are these restaurants available free of charge?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm afraid not - we booked the 3 restaurant dining package before we left at £50 a head. It's actually worth while since the tepenyaki is 30 euros and the Butchers Cut is 40 ......

Thanks Kikki and leighglo for keeping the updates going. Would love to see pics of sundeck on 19

I'm heading up there shortly so will post some unless KiKi is back from her excursion first :)

wow,

The food in Butchers Cut looks so much nicer than the MDR. I think I might have to splash out on the 3 restaurant package. Is it just me or do all the MDR meals look like canteen meals.

To be honest, normally we just eat in the buffet in the evening on cruises. With kids I always found it the easiest option. Now the kids are getting a bit older I would really like the chance to sit down and relax and be served dinner.

Is the sun deck adults only or can the kids join us up there? It looks perfect for me, nice and shaded.

L

Thank you so much to Leigh for the Butchers Cut pics - the food & menu looks amazing!!!!

That 3 meal package is definitely worth doing then for sure.

Unikitty - food in the MDR is questionable. I'm actually preferring the food in the buffet!

Even the burger I had just now was really tasty at the buffet!

The Aurea sun deck is meant to be adults only - obviously families have the Aurea package so I presume kids are allowed up there too.

We are heading up there ourselves in a short while ahead of a spa session before we get ready for Gala Night tonight.

I'll post more about the Cirque Show when I'm up there! [emoji4]

wow,

The food in Butchers Cut looks so much nicer than the MDR. I think I might have to splash out on the 3 restaurant package. Is it just me or do all the MDR meals look like canteen meals.

To be honest, normally we just eat in the buffet in the evening on cruises. With kids I always found it the easiest option. Now the kids are getting a bit older I would really like the chance to sit down and relax and be served dinner.

Is the sun deck adults only or can the kids join us up there? It looks perfect for me, nice and shaded.

L

Kids are allowed on the sun deck too - so it's ideal :)

First of all thank you so much for this review- it's been great to see one from a non-YC cruiser (as nice as the YC looks, we aren't in it!).

The food menus and pics from the MDR are a little concerning as to be honest I can't see much I would want to eat on them. You mentioned you booked the £50 3 dinner package in advance- did you just do this via the MSC website? So you get to eat at 3 different speciality restaurants, with a set menu to choose from? Did you have to book the restaurants and times once you were on board? Would you mind at all posting the menus from the others included in the package if possible? I did see this as an option to book but there was such limited information on it.

Hi again - please could someone check out the price if the sun deck for non aurea guests, thank you. I'm very tempted by the 3 restaurant package, I too am a bit disappointed and worried by the MDR pics and menus. Hope you are all having a great time x

First of all thank you so much for this review- it's been great to see one from a non-YC cruiser (as nice as the YC looks, we aren't in it!).

The food menus and pics from the MDR are a little concerning as to be honest I can't see much I would want to eat on them. You mentioned you booked the £50 3 dinner package in advance- did you just do this via the MSC website? So you get to eat at 3 different speciality restaurants, with a set menu to choose from? Did you have to book the restaurants and times once you were on board? Would you mind at all posting the menus from the others included in the package if possible? I did see this as an option to book but there was such limited information on it.

Yip we bought the dining package via the website before we boarded (in fact a couple of months ago!). We booked times once on board via the app.

We were meant to go the sushi place on Sunday night bit on looking at the menu, we realised there wasn't much our kids would eat. One of the waiters was really helpful and we managed to get a reservation at the tepenyaki place instead - I guess we timed it well. Sorry I didn't take a photo of the menu for the dining package but it was basically miso soup, followed by a small selection of sushi and cold salmon and then we had king prawns/salmon/filet mignon with veggies and rice. dessert was cooked pineapple and ginger ice cream - it was delish and a lot of food!!

We've still to go to Eataly (that's tomorrow night!) and looking forward to getting dressed up for the Eleganze night tonight!

Hope this helps!

So the Cirque Show - we purchased this beforehand & then had to reserve a show day/time when we got on board.

We had to choose our main course & the guy taking the booking said you also needed to choose your starter but actually you don't, you get all 3 starters!

fbf3d5a1bfdd92d83ba28984bd92b1b7.jpg

81e02f72a537f9606eb2dc395527e714.jpg

The starters were all rather " out there "

78f671f87600c0dc44f320dac4161045.jpg

We both chose the beef main which was very tasty & not out there! [emoji23]

41cba35299fd61e855c74ca2d051152e.jpg

The dessert was lovely - you have to do something to it!

d899e6321fa10ab75e7f39bd853293e9.jpg

Here's a little snippet from the show but I don't want to spoil it for you all!

We were able to go in with drinks but it seems they want to encourage you to drink champagne & wine with the show with what is printed on the other side of the menu!

So we are up at the Aurea Top 19 sun deck. It's more civilised than the pool down below but you can still hear the noise & music so I imagine that the Yacht Club must be a haven of bliss!

There is a small bar on the port side of the top 19 sun deck. What the area doesn't have is little tables to put your drinks on which is a shame!

So we are up at the Aurea Top 19 sun deck. It's more civilised than the pool down below but you can still hear the noise & music so I imagine that the Yacht Club must be a haven of bliss!

There is a small bar on the port side of the top 19 sun deck. What the area doesn't have is little tables to put your drinks on which is a shame!

I'm here too!! We're to the left of the hot tub as you come through the doors - enjoy the sunshine!!!

Yip we bought the dining package via the website before we boarded (in fact a couple of months ago!). We booked times once on board via the app.

We were meant to go the sushi place on Sunday night bit on looking at the menu, we realised there wasn't much our kids would eat. One of the waiters was really helpful and we managed to get a reservation at the tepenyaki place instead - I guess we timed it well. Sorry I didn't take a photo of the menu for the dining package but it was basically miso soup, followed by a small selection of sushi and cold salmon and then we had king prawns/salmon/filet mignon with veggies and rice. dessert was cooked pineapple and ginger ice cream - it was delish and a lot of food!!

We've still to go to Eataly (that's tomorrow night!) and looking forward to getting dressed up for the Eleganze night tonight!

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for the info! Sorry to be a pain but is it only the sushi restaurant supposed to be included in the package and they just did you a favour letting you have teppanyaki? Or can you choose either? I don't do sushi but will happily eat teppanyaki!

Thank you so much for the info! Sorry to be a pain but is it only the sushi restaurant supposed to be included in the package and they just did you a favour letting you have teppanyaki? Or can you choose either? I don't do sushi but will happily eat teppanyaki!

We thought it was just sushi to be honest and the guy did us a big favour changing us over - we went back last night to thank the chap with a tip

I'm here too!! We're to the left of the hot tub as you come through the doors - enjoy the sunshine!!!

We're to the left going round the corner lol! The Mr is in blue & white trunks with a blue hat - matching! I'm in a khaki & black bandeau swimsuit! Come & say hi! [emoji4]and I'm on my phone posting photos to here & Facebook! [emoji12]

We thought it was just sushi to be honest and the guy did us a big favour changing us over - we went back last night to thank the chap with a tip

Thank you! Maybe I will let my husband eat all the sushi and I'll hit the buffet after haha. Have a wonderful rest of your cruise!

So the Cirque Show - we purchased this beforehand & then had to reserve a show day/time when we got on board.

We had to choose our main course & the guy taking the booking said you also needed to choose your starter but actually you don't, you get all 3 starters!

fbf3d5a1bfdd92d83ba28984bd92b1b7.jpg

81e02f72a537f9606eb2dc395527e714.jpg

The starters were all rather " out there "

78f671f87600c0dc44f320dac4161045.jpg

We both chose the beef main which was very tasty & not out there! [emoji23]

41cba35299fd61e855c74ca2d051152e.jpg

The dessert was lovely - you have to do something to it!

d899e6321fa10ab75e7f39bd853293e9.jpg

Here's a little snippet from the show but I don't want to spoil it for you all!

We were able to go in with drinks but it seems they want to encourage you to drink champagne & wine with the show with what is printed on the other side of the menu!

Thanks for your live sharing so far!

Do those who purchased the cocktail + show package actually seat closer to the stage than those with dinner? Are tables pre-assigned or did you need to arrive early for better tables?

I'm really pleased we did Taormina on our own. We got just less than 3 hrs here. Bit stingy since the ship sails at 5.30pm & we were on the bus at 9.45am. We got back at just after 2pm so we could easily have another hour. We made it to the Greco-Roman theatre but at 10 Euros each to get in - we decided to pass as we wouldn't have had time to do it justice.

We did the most shopping here than at any other point.

Taormina has LOTS of lovely shops!

I've been here once before on a cruise stop & was very happy to come here again.

The Mr liked it here too!

We did the grand slam of Sicilian specialty foods - arancini, granita & cannoli!

827fad30aa99b8bf8014b3327fbd235f.jpg

Coming into Messina

80131ef904b1f4ee17b49711583b249c.jpg

The views from the bus are great. You pass through a huge amount of tunnels getting to Taormina!

dcb2c0420af5f7eb5e875b0a3b54f737.jpg