Getaway - Dinner reservation for 3 people

My parents and I are going on a Baltic cruise in September, we're booked on two different reservation numbers.

We are less than 90 days out now and I'm trying to book dinner at both specialty restaurants and main dining rooms . The problem I'm encountering over and over again is that I don't see a n option to book dinner for 3 people, the option is almost always either 2 or 4. If I do see reservations for 3 people the only time available is 9pm. There is absolutely no way any of us want to eat dinner at 9pm on such a port intensive cruise. On the other hand, if I select 4 people, there are tons more options.

Such a weird set up I think, I cant imagine that there are different tables for 3 vs 4 people in these restaurants. Also, I don't believe everything is fully booked already for 3 people, it was exactly the same thing on the morning of the 90th day before the cruise vs 78th day today.

So my question is, if we make reservations for 4 people and 3 show up, will we have any issues at either specialty restaurants or main dining rooms? I know you can just show up in the main dining room without reservations but I'm worried about waiting a long time for dinner.

There is no problem booking for four and only having three show up. The reservation size is based on table size and there are no tables for three they are either for two or four or more. You will not have any issues. If you have to prepay do it by phone instead of online so that you only pay for three.

I am also noticing this problem. We are a group of 7 but the options are 6 or 8. Thanks for the tip.

In Ocean Blue, they only have tables of 6..... any suggestions?

You may have to split into a 3 and a 4. Sometimes the larger tables are simply not there.

thanks everyone, I made reservations for 4 people in MDR, the specialty restaurants, I think only one is for 4 people.

I actually called NCL after I posted, I was advised to stop by customer service on the ship to fix the reservations. I can only imagine how long that line will be on the first day, but if it has to be done, than I'll do it. Then I asked why I don't see more options for 3 people or odd numbers in general, I was first told it was sold out, then I was told that the the restaurant employees need to move tables around to allow 3 people to sit together so that's why there aren't more options.. Then I was suggested that I can make reservations separately for 2 and for 1 and the tables and then ask for the tables to be moved together.

LOL sigh, I guess I'll see how it goes. I'm sure it will be an amazing trip, with or without correct reservations.