On Board Gift Ideas

Hi!

My mom will be cruising on the Vista next May and I would like to get her a mother's day gift that she can use while she's on board. Its been a while since I've cruised so any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Ideally, I would want to get her something practical that she could use - maybe a spa treatment? Or on-board credit? She is traveling with other family members so booking an excursion is out as I have no idea what they will be up to and how active they want to be. She is not a drinker so a drink package is out and I'm pretty sure she would be hesitant to use her phone so an internet package is also out.

If it was a spa treatment, what would be the easiest way to pre-book it for her or would she have to do that herself when she's on board?

Thanks

I was on the Vista in March and preordered 90 minute Elimis Spa package which included a massage and facial. Was FABULOUS. If you have hour mom's booking number you should be able to preorder. You will need to select the day and time for the appointment. As I recall, once on board they called and confirmed the time and I would have been able to change the time if needed. They do stay open in the Spa until 9 or 10 each night.

If I were your mom, I would love any of the Spa offerings!

The Fun Shops on Carnival's website offer lots of gift ideas. I have often ordered a package that is called something like The Splash Package. Cost was under $100 and it included several items such as beach towels, souvenir champagne glasses, and more.

If that particular item doesn't interest you the have a large list of various gifts that will be delivered to her cabin with a personalized note from you.

My granddaughters once sent me flowers through the Fun Shops. Made my cabin really special all week.

When my parents went on a cruise for their anniversary I set up through the fun shops a photo credit, some chocolate covered strawberries, and a cake.

The fun part for them was you can choose what day of the cruise they get the gift, so each day they were surprised with something new. My mom loved it and still talks about it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Hi!

My mom will be cruising on the Vista next May and I would like to get her a mother's day gift that she can use while she's on board. Its been a while since I've cruised so any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Ideally, I would want to get her something practical that she could use - maybe a spa treatment? Or on-board credit? She is traveling with other family members so booking an excursion is out as I have no idea what they will be up to and how active they want to be. She is not a drinker so a drink package is out and I'm pretty sure she would be hesitant to use her phone so an internet package is also out.

If it was a spa treatment, what would be the easiest way to pre-book it for her or would she have to do that herself when she's on board?

Thanks

I think OBC would be the best. If she wants to use it for a spa treatment, that would be her choice. If she wants to use if for an excursion, that would also be her choice. The point being, she could use it for whatever she wants.

Carnival gift card! Use it on what ever she wants!! I have seen a lot of people enjoy the Spa but also have seen a lot of people disgusted with the constant sales pitch during their treatments. Everyone has their own thought but I would not enjoy a massage with someone trying to sell me something over and over and over again!.

Carnival gift card! Use it on what ever she wants!! I have seen a lot of people enjoy the Spa but also have seen a lot of people disgusted with the constant sales pitch during their treatments. Everyone has their own thought but I would not enjoy a massage with someone trying to sell me something over and over and over again!.

I agree![emoji1489] The gift card would be perfect.

0cff5b629fb6a27b3437e6616a6a2035.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ah - thanks for the great ideas! I completely forgot about the sales pitches with the spa treatments; I would have to warn her in advance. A gift card does sound perfect - I didn't know this was even an option as we're in Canada. I see that Canadians can purchase it online which is perfect.

Thanks again!