Carnival Magic. Show and dinner times?

darktone

I was on the Magic in February 2017 and the dinner times and show times did not gel. They only did one big show a night and it was between early and late dining so you had to skip the main dining room to see the shows. And only a couple of nights had big productions. Was on the Sunshine the cruise before this one and they had two showings each night that fit early and late dining. Booked on the Magic again in January of 2018. Was hoping to hear they got the shows and dinner working together now. Thanks!

Last August and last February they only had big shows a couple of nights and a couple lesser shows another two nights. And only one showing of each. I have the Funtimes from both cruises yet.

We like to eat with our group at the late dinner time and love getting to know our waitstaff. Really hate missing the dining room. I hope they have an early show so we can do both.

I've never sailed a ship when the shows interfered with our early seating dinner. I'm booked on "Magic" later this year, and hope that won't be a problem,,,,but on the other hand, the shows have been somewhat "lame" lately, so it's not as big a deal as it would have been just a couple of years ago. BIG noise, flashing lights, and "music" I've never heard of before. ;p

"SKY"

From what I've been told by some, if the big show of the night was a major concern to us we should have stuck with Freedom of the Seas.

I'd have to agree, if the shows are the same as I've seen on some of the other Carnival ships lately. The BIG shows used to be the highlight of many nights for me, but now they're nothing but SCREAMING guitars, FLASHING laser lights, and Music ? I never heard of, and never want to hear again.

"SKY"

We have been accustomed to eating late dinner with our traveling companions and family. Really is one of our major highlights of the cruise for us. Also our kids are all finally old enough to enjoy the shows too( not talking comedy show but rather the big show in the main theater)Hate to trade off one for the other but it is what it is. We do the late dinner so me,wife and three kids all have time to get ready after we get back on ship after a day at beach or whatever. Three women using the bathroom in our room takes a while lol.

Agree some of these shows are not the best but the kids all know this new music and love it!! I just hope we have the best of both like we have had on other ships. Or is this the way it's done now?

Just off the Magic, and we had late dining. We attended the Playlist Production shows at 10:15.

Great news .. we do late dining as well and though we only go to the theater nights when they do the production shows we do enjoy them for what they are.:)

Thanks! Did they have a show every night?

We were on a 7 day, and the shows were:

Flick on Sunday night

Country Road on Tuesday night

88 Keys on Wednesday night

America Rocks on Friday night

They also had Hasbro Game Show on Monday and Thursday, which we did not attend. They are at 7:30 only.

We were on a 7 day, and the shows were:

Flick on Sunday night

Country Road on Tuesday night

88 Keys on Wednesday night

America Rocks on Friday night

They also had Hasbro Game Show on Monday and Thursday, which we did not attend. They are at 7:30 only.

This was my experience as well but we only had three of those shows and they all were between the dinner times. When were you on it??

We like to eat with our group at the late dinner time and love getting to know our waitstaff. Really hate missing the dining room. I hope they have an early show so we can do both.

We had the same server for 2 weeks with YTD, just ask

for us, the buffet is not an option, so YTD allows to eat around the shows

As I said earlier we are seated with our group(older kids with families and our elderly parents). I am not going to miss out sitting with them- it's my favorite part of the cruise. I am just curious if it has changed on this ship where we could see the shows also. Nothing more nothing less. I am not mad at Carnival or anyone. I enjoy my cruises!

I'd have to agree, if the shows are the same as I've seen on some of the other Carnival ships lately. The BIG shows used to be the highlight of many nights for me, but now they're nothing but SCREAMING guitars, FLASHING laser lights, and Music ? I never heard of, and never want to hear again.

"SKY"

Agree! Seems geared toward those who never put down their phones and need constant stimulation. I remember a stage full of dancers in long, elaborate flamenco style dresses swirling all over the stage. A beautiful site! No longer. Someone is going to have a seizure because of those lasers.