Relief Bands???

newbie280106

Hi,

I posted a thread about nausea and someone mentioned the Relief Bands. I've never heard about them before and am looking for some reviews (so far 2 thumbs up and one down).

It's rather pricy so I'd feel better handing over 90USD if I'd heard some positive reviews; but I'd like to hear negative too if you have them.

ALso, does anyone know where to buy this in Canada. I'd prefer not to buy online in USD if I can avoid it.

Thanks

I don't think the "relief bands" you're talking about are any different from the ones you can buy in Canada at almost any drug store for about $15 - 20 ... but I'm not sure? I used these wrist bands on the Royal Clipper and they worked very well for me.

I can't answer the Canada question, but we have had success with the Relief Bands. My son gets motion sickness pretty easily. We have had many happy car rides with the Relief Band attached to his arm. We used it on our cruises and traded it around to whomever needed it at the moment. I have even used it when I'm feeling nausea from a flu (or...maybe too much to drink the night before). We have had many friends borrow our Relief Band on car, boat, and ferry rides and all have thought it helped tremendously. We have gotten our money's worth from it. We paid about $70 USD about 3 or 4 years ago. We did replace the battery, but it is still working just fine. We keep it in the car...just in case!

I don't think the "relief bands" you're talking about are any different from the ones you can buy in Canada at almost any drug store for about $15 - 20 ... but I'm not sure? I used these wrist bands on the Royal Clipper and they worked very well for me.

The Relief Band is battery operated and sends and electronic pulse into your wrist and hand. You may be thinking of the Sea Bands which sell here for under $10 and don't seem to work as well, but if they work for you...keep using them. They sure are cheaper!

As a person prone to motion sickness, I researched the internet before our first cruise in 2003. After reading positive reviews of the relatively new "Relief Band", I made a purchase of two. It has forever changed my travel life. I wear this band on airplane flights, where I formerly took dramamine and felt drugged for hours after getting off the plane. During the above mentioned first cruise to Hawaii, we were in a hurricane/tropical depression the first day! Never once did I feel ill, but in fact, MANY on our ship were queesy. So, I heartily endorse this device and the $$ spent are WELL worth it. Check out Drugstore.com, they were offering a great deal when I ordered several years ago. I paid $150 for two devices with free shipping.

Cheers, Pam

PS I am NOT am employee for this company, just a frequent traveler who now enjoys ALL aspects of travel!

I wholeheartedley agree!!! will never leave on another cruise without mine:D as a matter of fact I just went out and bought a new battery for my upcoming cruise in January. a very good investment if you get motion sickness. also, I know of two women that while pregnant had hyperemesis gravida. that means exessive nausea/vomiting while pregnant. they were both advised, by their m.d.'s, to wear this band and it worked for them too.

Thanks everyone.

I've been finding them priced around 90USD. Anyone aware of a cheaper price? I'd love to find them in Canada or even a Canadian website since the shipping will be better but no luck.

Does anyone know if any of these stores that sell the relief band offer a guarantee so I can return it if it doesn't work (long shot I know but it doesn't hurt to ask!)

Thanks everyone.

I've been finding them priced around 90USD. Anyone aware of a cheaper price? I'd love to find them in Canada or even a Canadian website since the shipping will be better but no luck.

Does anyone know if any of these stores that sell the relief band offer a guarantee so I can return it if it doesn't work (long shot I know but it doesn't hurt to ask!)

Hello Newbie, you might have seen my answer to your question on another thread already....but if you did not here it is:

I am one of the ones that did not have good results with the ReliefBand.

It is a device that was 'cleared' (not approved as some have posted) by the US FDA few years ago and maybe you can not find it on the Canadian market because perhaps was not yet cleared or approved by your gov. for sale there - maybe they need or require more 'prove' that it really works as claimed by the manufacturer.

I have bought two of them from drugs dot com, about two years ago....after searching the internet and this board for some 'good' reviews....which I did find from many users.

We were going on a cruise to Hawaii on RCI's LOS from Ensenada, Mexico.

The very first night was pretty rough and we (wife and I) woke up feeling the motion sickness quickly approching......we put on the ReliefBands (puting on the 'conductive jel' first as instructed in the booklet. We increased the level of the 'electrical shock/impulse' to about number 4 (there is 1 to 5 levels) as much as we could tolerate (the fingers were moving in reaction to the signals) and we waited hoping that we start feeling better. It did not happen. In addition we took some Mclizine (Canadian - Bonamine)- I was able to keep mine in the stomach, wife did not. Wife had to go to medical to get an injection - it worked ( best 120 dol spent). Wife try this device again on the road to Hanna (many quick turns) and did not work.

When we got back I called the place where I made the purchase to inquire about returning it - they suggested to call manufacturer - which I did.

They informed me it was past their 'warrenty' for return.

So our ReliefBand did not work for us....but I am still glad that I tried them, otherwise I would always be wondering if that was the magic item for us.

Maybe it will work for you - good luck. Or maybe you do not need any thing at all - only about 28 percent of people are prone to motion sickness (more if the seas are very, very rough). In case if you really want to be prepared in addition to everything else get some Gravol (dimenhydrinate) in the suppository form (OTC in Canada) - if you are really sick and oral medicine can not be taken - they might help, even if they make you sleepy. If not there is the medical and an injection.

Enjoy your cruise, probably you will be OK.

Wes

Hi,

I posted a thread about nausea and someone mentioned the Relief Bands. I've never heard about them before and am looking for some reviews (so far 2 thumbs up and one down).

It's rather pricy so I'd feel better handing over 90USD if I'd heard some positive reviews; but I'd like to hear negative too if you have them.

ALso, does anyone know where to buy this in Canada. I'd prefer not to buy online in USD if I can avoid it.

Thanks

I just stumbled across this website http://www.nomoremotionsickness.com I don't know anything about them, but they have some interesting articles posted on motion sickness. They sell the Relief Bands for $78.50 with a case and extra batteries. I don't know how much shipping is, or anything about the reliability of the company. I'm also interested in purchasing them, so I've emailed the company for more info. I'm going to also bring Bonine and saltines!

My wife tried one of the relief bands a couple of years ago (not sure which brand) and did not get any relief at all. She then went to Bonine and was fine the rest of the cruise. We gave the band away and heard that the individual we gave it to used it and was fine. I guess to each his own. Good luck in your quest for sea sickness relief.

Archived