Elation - are Empress deck/even cabins updated?

momin05

Has anyone sailed Elation recently who can tell me whether the Empress deck cabins (even side) have been updated? I have read they have started updating some cabins before the upcoming dry dock. We sail in August and trying to talk some friends into going, but would really feel better about encouraging them if the cabins were newer. Thanks!

Sailed on Elation Jun 22-26. Empress deck cabins did not appear to be updated (my cabin E240 was not). I walked the length of Empress (even side) several times and it did not appear any Empress cabins had been updated. It appeared the cabins on Riviera Deck (odd side) had been updated (at least the furniture, I could not see the bathroom from the hall).

In April I was on Elation in Cabin R235 on the Riviera deck and that entire odd side of the Riviera deck was updated. Carnival did a great job. The cabins and the hallway were nicely decorated in a cabana style with good lighting throughout. Try to get one of the updated cabins.

Thank you for your responses. I was hoping maybe they intended to get all the cabins updated before dry dock, but maybe not. I am sure it doesn't make sense to not sell some cabins during the peak summer sailing season. It would have been nice to get an updated room though.

We are sailing in the next-to-last sailing before dry dock. I sure hope things are not a mess. We have sailed on many of the Fantasy class ships but never Elation and it sounds like the cabins are more outdated than what we are used to. But it is a cruise!!

Well, the two side by side cabins I was hoping to get for my parents and their friends on Empress got scooped up by someone else about an hour after my post earlier:(. Not too many cabins left. A couple on Main, aft. And maybe junior suites.

Elvis1001, how was your cabin?

Thecarpet appeared to be new, the furniture was very worn, the bathroom appearedto be original equipment (but functional), and the bed was rock hard. Cabinservice is only once per day now, morning or evening, which was fine for us. Weselected evening, but we still saw/spoke to our steward at least once duringthe day.

We were on the June 3rd sailing this year. I was talking to the hotel manager, and he said that they are done updating cabins before the dry dock. He said that they knew there was not enough time to get them all in during the dry dock, so they were working on them before hand to hit the magic number they could do during the dry dock.

We were in one of the newly updated ones, they are very nice.

Hope you have a good sailing.

We were on the June 3rd sailing this year. I was talking to the hotel manager, and he said that they are done updating cabins before the dry dock. He said that they knew there was not enough time to get them all in during the dry dock, so they were working on them before hand to hit the magic number they could do during the dry dock.

We were in one of the newly updated ones, they are very nice.

Hope you have a good sailing.

Charles,

Do you have any pictures of the upgraded room and bathroom?

Charles,

Do you have any pictures of the upgraded room and bathroom?

Not as many as I thought.... Apparently, we have stopped taking as many pictures of the ship on cruises...

-YqpBrwMb2NLBjtYa-_AFPe768IfEO2qIiXp5Dq07gIjFElI-ax4T8ICzx6O3DFt2-rz9IRv6vvG8i8=w1920-h963-rw

tlT95oCCpi1QpJjSM9ePqlXHBC1tVrzYhZT-6qD9Zzy2IVIy22cUDfgM_1J4BuifvQqPhc5Jz0TTM3g=w1920-h963-rw

QdI3DbMP7dpzQ33VJMoGMUO2oqAgC3Zx5XWqJI42ulFK7D-MaL7DgS3dGOeBFla7ZuQEAkEui6mu4Hg=w1920-h963-rw

That seems like the best I can do.

Sorry it is not better.

Thecarpet appeared to be new, the furniture was very worn, the bathroom appearedto be original equipment (but functional), and the bed was rock hard. Cabinservice is only once per day now, morning or evening, which was fine for us. Weselected evening, but we still saw/spoke to our steward at least once duringthe day.

Thanks for the info. It would have been nice to have an updated room, but we really like Empress so I guess we will just have to sail in an old room! We sail again next April so we will get to experience the upgrades then.