Alchemy Bar Question

Markmom18

Hi,

I was recently at a wedding that served really delicious non-alcoholic mocktails. The Mojito was so refreshing and delicious. I no longer drink alcohol, but every once in awhile I would like a beverage other than club soda on my cruises. Yep, I've ordered the virgin slushy drinks, really too sweet for my taste.

Has anyone had a truly tasty mocktail from the Alchemy Bar?

Thanks,

:D Bobbi

• Like 1

Hi,

I was recently at a wedding that served really delicious non-alcoholic mocktails. The Mojito was so refreshing and delicious. I no longer drink alcohol, but every once in awhile I would like a beverage other than club soda on my cruises. Yep, I've ordered the virgin slushy drinks, really too sweet for my taste.

Has anyone had a truly tasty mocktail from the Alchemy Bar?

Thanks,

:D Bobbi

Your best bet with the Alchemy is to talk to them and let them know the types of drinks you like and let them concoct something for you. They all enjoy the art of it. Yes they are tasty.

Absolutely! My husband drinks no alcohol at all and Alchemy took very good care of him. Their menu even states that they can create a non-alcoholic drink for you, just ask! He let's them know that in addition to no alcohol he does not like things too sweet. They have made him something similar to a mojito with muddled lime as well as other creations.

Boy, thank you everybody! Then it is the Alchemy Bar I will visit for a special mocktail. :D Great to read that they will make a non-sweet drink too!

Last October I went to the bar across from GS, asked about a virgin mojito. I got a drink with tonic water, 7-up and mint leaves. Eww....well, to be fair I don't drink or like soda.

Thanks again,

Bobbi

• 1 year later...

As the OP, I thought I'd give an Update. Yeah...2 years later ...but on this weekend Inspiration cruise I finally went to the Alchemy Bar!

On our only Sea Day, during a quiet part if the afternoon, I passed by and no one there, just a staff member behind the bar. I asked when they opened, "We're open now". 🙂

I told her I don't drink alcohol, but that on C.C. the Members posted about this being THE Bar to get great non-alcohol drinks whipped up just for me!  She told me she could make Virgin Dacquiri's & Margaritas.

I asked about a creative, non-sweet, mock-cocktail?  She could ONLY make drinks with fruit juice & ginger ale. I couldn't believe it, told her that was really disappointing. 😔  She just repeated what she just told me about the Virgin drink options & the fruit juice & ginger ale drinks. Told me she's sorry, then went about being busy behind the bar. Conversation over apparently.

So, I left. I obviously misunderstood the posts here on CC or  else a policy change at the Alchemy Bar. Maybe a focus on just drinks with alcohol ( more profit ).  

I wanted to write this update for any fellow cruisers who wanted a tasty mock- tail, such as myself. 

🌸🌸 Bobbi 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

As the OP, I thought I'd give an Update. Yeah...2 years later ...but on this weekend Inspiration cruise I finally went to the Alchemy Bar!

On our only Sea Day, during a quiet part if the afternoon, I passed by and no one there, just a staff member behind the bar. I asked when they opened, "We're open now". 🙂

I told her I don't drink alcohol, but that on C.C. the Members posted about this being THE Bar to get great non-alcohol drinks whipped up just for me!  She told me she could make Virgin Dacquiri's & Margaritas.

I asked about a creative, non-sweet, mock-cocktail?  She could ONLY make drinks with fruit juice & ginger ale. I couldn't believe it, told her that was really disappointing. 😔  She just repeated what she just told me about the Virgin drink options & the fruit juice & ginger ale drinks. Told me she's sorry, then went about being busy behind the bar. Conversation over apparently.

So, I left. I obviously misunderstood the posts here on CC or  else a policy change at the Alchemy Bar. Maybe a focus on just drinks with alcohol ( more profit ).  

I wanted to write this update for any fellow cruisers who wanted a tasty mock- tail, such as myself. 

🌸🌸 Bobbi 

Argh. That's not a policy change, that's a bartender that got assigned to work the wrong bar! Sorry you got such a disappointing response.

• Like 1

I was also considering Indygirl76 post as the next "OR".  Bartender was not going to budge, just repeated herself. 

Well, I'll be on the Dream in a month. I'll give the Alchemy Bar another try .... 

🌸🌸 Bobbi 

Yeah, you got a crap bartender. The bartenders that work Alchemy usually have to take additional training. They have to be more creative when it comes to mixology than your regular bartender making goombay smashes. They have to step outside the box as they often even go off menu. On our last cruise a group of us really tested their creativity. for example, make a drink that tastes like s’mores. They hit a home run every time. Try that at another bar on ship at your own risk.

The fact she wouldn’t go beyond juice and soda tells me she was either lazy, not willing to step outside the box, or in over her head.

• Like 2