Recent VPN feedback?

goofysmom99

I've spent a bit of time tonight searching for WiFi VPN use success and none of the info is current. Has anyone who has sailed since, say, March this year successfully used Nord VPN onboard (or PIA) with X's WiFi sevice? I usually do any financial stuff using phone data or wifi VPN in port, but on a TA, I'd like to have secure access onboard. Hoping someone has recent experience.

I've spent a bit of time tonight searching for WiFi VPN use success and none of the info is current. Has anyone who has sailed since, say, March this year successfully used Nord VPN onboard (or PIA) with X's WiFi sevice? I usually do any financial stuff using phone data or wifi VPN in port, but on a TA, I'd like to have secure access onboard. Hoping someone has recent experience.

Just back from the Eclipse, can't comment on Nord VPN, however I use both Express VPN and Pure VPN - I couldn't connect to either through the ships wifi.

You may be ok. One of the VPNs I have is blocked at work, the other isn't.

Maybe download a few before you go to keep your options open.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you. I probably should have titled this thread "What VPNs will and won't work." ;) I was pretty sure PIA wouldn't work but I think Nord, the one I normally use, might. I'll add tunnelbear as a back up and research what other free ones are highly rated. Thanks again.

I used tunnelbear on Reflection in June and it was ok after a few minutes of trying to connect

I used Nord on the Reflection in December. No problems connecting. It was a little slow sometimes, but I'd use it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Excellent! Just downloaded tunnelbear so now I'll have two that should work on Reflection in October. Thank you!!

I have had no problem connecting to PIA on our last 3 cruises

Chris