switching from non connecting cabin to connecting cabin

reader135

We are booked on a TA in December in 2 rooms (well, on hold until Monday, anyway) that are next to one another, but we would really prefer to be in connecting cabins. Aside from checking the website daily, does anyone have suggestions? I know they have a waitlist for switching category of stateroom, but I don't need to switch category, only switch to a different set of staterooms that connect if they become available. Should I try to have myself put on the waitlist for this? Thanks for any suggestions.

It's entirely possible that there are not two connecting cabins available in the grade that you want. People who want specific cabins or configurations often book a year or more in advance.

Are you booked through a TA or directly with Cunard?

Even if they're not connecting rooms, the balcony partition between most adjacent staterooms can be opened. If you can't locate a pair of connecting rooms that might be better than no access whatsoever.

If you need to slide the balcony window open, walk onto the balcony and across to the next sliding door, to go into the next room, and potentially freeze your *&!!$ off, wouldn't it be just as easy to leave your cabin by the main door and just pop next door?

Just saying.

If you need to slide the balcony window open, walk onto the balcony and across to the next sliding door, to go into the next room, and potentially freeze your *&!!$ off, wouldn't it be just as easy to leave your cabin by the main door and just pop next door?

Just saying.

Reading is fundamental.