Escape- balcony and Spa rooms

styme123

Trying to figure out what deck to get a balcony room on? I've been looking at the deck plans but am worried about a few things I've heard others comment on. I know the balconies on deck 9 are larger, but all the other floors can see you. Did anyone else feel that as a negative? I'm a bit on the private side and I'm not sure if I want people to be staring at me or as some others said, throwing things down onto my balcony. I believe the angled balconies have the similar situation if your sitting on the angled part. If your in the upper decks do the life boats still block your view down? I'm leaning toward 12 or 13 decks so I have floors above and below to filter noise.

I'm thinking of getting the spa pass. Is there any benefit to booking the spa balcony room versus just getting the spa package separate with a balcony room. The price difference of the rooms is $500, where 2 spa packages would be $400 ($199x2) so a difference of $100 done separately. Just seeing if there was something else you get with the spa room that I'm missing? Thank you for your feedback. I always get such good suggestions and information from CC.

We had a deck 13 balcony and it was lovely and quiet. The Spa balcony rooms are on deck 15 and are located close by the Spa so, may be worth the extra $100 for the convenience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you get the spa mini suite the bathroom is bigger, not sure where that price difference is for you.

Another advantage is you know you have spa passes, no jumping on NCL at 90 days and paying or if its a busy cruise period getting worried that the passes are sold out.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The higher the deck the less the lifeboats will block your view looking down. We had a spa balcony Deck 15 and it was great.

Keep checking the prices on spa balcony , we were able to upgrade for less than spa passes would have cost us.

I'm not a spa type person but loved the Escape spa. Especially the Hydrotherapy pool area.

The large balcony rooms (deck 8 for minisuite deck 9 for balcony) are amazing if you don't mind that people can see you laying out. Personally I don't use the balcony nearly as much if there only a chair and no lounger.

The way I see it is that I'm going to be laying in a lounger either on my balcony or on the pool deck. Who cares if people can see me. It's not like I'm laying out there naked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to figure out what deck to get a balcony room on? I've been looking at the deck plans but am worried about a few things I've heard others comment on. I know the balconies on deck 9 are larger, but all the other floors can see you. Did anyone else feel that as a negative? I'm a bit on the private side and I'm not sure if I want people to be staring at me or as some others said, throwing things down onto my balcony. I believe the angled balconies have the similar situation if your sitting on the angled part. If your in the upper decks do the life boats still block your view down? I'm leaning toward 12 or 13 decks so I have floors above and below to filter noise.

I'm thinking of getting the spa pass. Is there any benefit to booking the spa balcony room versus just getting the spa package separate with a balcony room. The price difference of the rooms is $500, where 2 spa packages would be $400 ($199x2) so a difference of $100 done separately. Just seeing if there was something else you get with the spa room that I'm missing? Thank you for your feedback. I always get such good suggestions and information from CC.

There is no "benefit" of a spa balcony over a regular balcony. You get the spa passes. You are physically located near the forward stairs leading right to the Spa. So it is all about the price. If the cost difference is <$400, then grab it. Otherwise, do it yourself spa balcony (book you room and passes separately). The Spa on the Escape is beautiful. They went back to having windows in the saunas so you can watch the sea. They added more space for loungers and hot stone loungers (more than the BA or GA).

On the large balconies, just enjoy your balcony. But don't do anything out there that you don't want permanently displayed on the internet. What happens on the ship doesn't necessarily stay on the ship with youtube.

The aft balconies on Escape on Deck 9 are mostly covered. There is just a little bit at the railing that is exposed.

The higher the deck the less the lifeboats will block your view looking down. We had a spa balcony Deck 15 and it was great.

Keep checking the prices on spa balcony , we were able to upgrade for less than spa passes would have cost us.

I'm not a spa type person but loved the Escape spa. Especially the Hydrotherapy pool area.

On deck 15, do you remember your room number or which side you were on? I was wondering if you could hear any noise from the fitness center above if you were on that side, or noise from the stairs or elevator?