Bringing Items onto the Ship

Moose12345

Hello everyone!! We are cruising with Celebrity to Hawaii. We will be arriving a few days before the cruise. Can someone who has done this cruise please tell me if I can purchase Hawaiian coffee and bring it on the ship? I enjoyed the coffee and would like to buy some on this trip.:)

Coffee is fine, no problem. Same with food items (Hawaiian chocolate, mac nuts, or our favorite - malasadas!) Flowers from local markets are USUALLY no problem, though I have heard of a few cases where they were not allowed - ask as you leave the ship in a port. The important thing with flowers and unpackaged food is that you cannot take them OFF the ship. Things like orchid plants or plant cuttings (like the plumeria you see in ABC stores or other markets) must be certified 'pest free' by the agricultural department to be brought to the mainland.

:hot-beverage:

Hello everyone!! We are cruising with Celebrity to Hawaii. We will be arriving a few days before the cruise. Can someone who has done this cruise please tell me if I can purchase Hawaiian coffee and bring it on the ship? I enjoyed the coffee and would like to buy some on this trip.:)

You can purchase as much Hawaiian coffee as you want to take home.

Just so you're not completely shocked, the price for Kona coffee has significantly increased due to a beetle infestation that is quite common around the world. Due to reduced availability both 100% Kona & 10% Kona blends have increased in price. We usually get the 100% whole bean Kona coffee at Costco which this year increased by 25%.

Maui & Kauai coffee have not been greatly affected by this beetle but my tastebuds don't enjoy them nearly as much as Kona coffee. :hot-beverage: