Luggage after transfer from airport to the port?

phabric

I have not taken a transfer for a while.

I have a Princess transfer from the airport to the port.

Do I have to collect my luggage from the driver to hand over to the port porter?

Or, does the luggage go direct to the port porter?

Do I have to collect my luggage from the driver to hand over to the port porter?

You will collect you baggage and then meet your Princess representative in the public area. Your baggage then gets loaded on the coach and delivered to the ship. Make sure your luggage tags are on the bags.

You will collect you baggage and then meet your Princess representative in the public area. Your baggage then gets loaded on the coach and delivered to the ship. Make sure your luggage tags are on the bags.

Sorry, I didn't answer your question. I seem to recall the Princess driver delivering the bags to the port personnel.

It depends upon the port, but at some, you will be dropped off at the embarkation building, and then the bus will continue on and drop your luggage directly with the porters. So you will not have an opportunity to retrieve any hand luggage that may have been loaded in the baggage compartments. You need to take all hand luggage (rolling carryon and personal item) with you in the passenger compartments of the coach.

I cruise Princess very frequently. When I use Princess transfer for embarkation they have representatives at the baggage area of airport. I hand them my luggage and I do not see it again until it shows up at my cabin. I have no contact with the porters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In my experience in multiple ports, you stay on the bus until all the luggage has been offloaded and taken by the porters. You won't see your bag(s) from the time you hand them over to the Princess rep or driver at the airport until they are delivered to your cabin.

Make sure you keep anything valuable or essential in your carry-on and bring the carry-on with you on the bus.

Thanks for the information.

The port is Seattle. I was wondering, IF, I could give the driver my carry on luggage so I did not have it on my knee for the drive to the port and once at the port take the carry on with me onto the ship.

I will ask the driver.

We have had them take all bags to a waiting truck near bag claim which in turn took them to the port.

We then boarded the coach to the port.

We have had the bags loaded under the coach by the driver outside the terminal/hotel and have claimed our luggage from under the coach at the port and then gave it to porters.

We have had the bags loaded under the coach by the driver at the airport/hotel and did not see them until they arrived in the cabin.

We are dropped off at the entrance and all luggage on the bus were offloaded where the porters are.