Received OBC Refund from Princess

BoopTennis

Our cruise ended on June 10, 2017, and we received our refund check from Princess today - July 10, 2017. Not bad at all. Thanks to those of you on cruisecritic that warned me it might come in a very plain envelope (which it did), so we were on the lookout. PS We had booked the cruise through a TA but the check came from Princess.

I will attempt to show photo of the envelope return address it came from

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6CDPxtTlkFDVU90WDU2UzdBWEk/view?usp=sharing

Not such good service for those of us who live in U.K.! :evilsmile:

We disembarked on 27.05.17 (6 weeks ago) and I am still waiting for mine!

I e mailed Princess last Wednesday 5th July and apart from the generic automated e mail reply I had heard nothing.

Loosing patience with Princess, I phoned the number given on the e mail ( UK office in Southampton ) I was eventually put through to a VERY helpful lady in Customer Services. She has to ask Head Office in the U.S for a copy of our OBA before she can issue a Sterling cheque.

She thought that would take about a week and then of course we have to wait for delivery of the cheque, but she did say she would send it by first class post.

She said she understood my frustration, as passengers in U.S.A get an automatic repayment, as the currency is the same.:mad:

Does this mean that all UK passengers have to apply for the return of their OBC?

95% of passengers on our cruise were British.

It makes me cross, as I bought my OBC in March, in an attempt to spread out the cost.

I'm back to Celebrity for my next cruise, they credit the OBC to your Credit Card on disembarkation day!!!

Edited by upwarduk

Not such good service for those of us who live in U.K.! :evilsmile:

We disembarked on 27.05.17 (6 weeks ago) and I am still waiting for mine!

I e mailed Princess last Wednesday 5th July and apart from the generic automated e mail reply I had heard nothing.

Loosing patience with Princess, I phoned the number given on the e mail ( UK office in Southampton ) I was eventually put through to a VERY helpful lady in Customer Services. She has to ask Head Office in the U.S for a copy of our OBA before she can issue a Sterling cheque.

She thought that would take about a week and then of course we have to wait for delivery of the cheque, but she did say she would send it by first class post.

She said she understood my frustration, as passengers in U.S.A get an automatic repayment, as the currency is the same.:mad:

Does this mean that all UK passengers have to apply for the return of their OBC?

95% of passengers on our cruise were British.

It makes me cross, as I bought my OBC in March, in an attempt to spread out the cost.

I'm back to Celebrity for my next cruise, they credit the OBC to your Credit Card on disembarkation day!!!

hi -that does not sound fair at all for UK passengers. Based on reading experiences from others on cruise critic, I was expecting more like 6-8 weeks, so was surprised when it arrived after a month. My biggest concern was the warning that the envelope it came in was not clearly marked who it was from, I was just afraid we would toss it by mistake! I hope you get your check soon.