Passports held by cruise ship

northerngirls

northergirls, I see you are fairly new to Cruise Critic and wanted to say "welcome". Seeing your location you chose you CC name well, not many are more northern than you.

Ha! Yes. I challenge fellow CC members to a more Northernly locale!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We'll waive to you from our Northwest Passage cruise this summer :D

What ship and itinerary? We are in Iqaluit which does see limited cruise ship traffic...most go to Pond Inlet, Gjoa Haven and other smaller communities. You'll love the North....it is a beautiful, open, fascinating part of the world.

What ship and itinerary? We are in Iqaluit which does see limited cruise ship traffic...most go to Pond Inlet, Gjoa Haven and other smaller communities. You'll love the North....it is a beautiful, open, fascinating part of the world.

We will be visiting both of those along with others - we are really looking forward to it. Quite a change from Paris & London :D

It will be on Ponant Le Boreal in Aug/Sept this year. What is the weather likely to be that time of the year?

We will be visiting both of those along with others - we are really looking forward to it. Quite a change from Paris & London :D

It will be on Ponant Le Boreal in Aug/Sept this year. What is the weather likely to be that time of the year?

Weather is chilly for the most part. Today in Iqaluit we were at 10°C with 58 km/h wind gusts. But last week we hit 19°C with calm winds and gorgeous blue skies. Bring fleece jackets and definitely wind proof jackets. When the sky is clear the sun has some real strength but it may be windy. When in ports look for Inuit carvings...they are beautiful. Not sure where you are located but I don't think you can buy any sealskin products. We can carry them within Canada but I don't think outside. I have beautiful sealskin mitts that keep me toastie warm!

Mura,

Before the tour began a nice young couple from Belgium stated they only had a copy of their passport.

Where were their passports surely they were told to have them when going on the tour that entered Canada ?