Boarding the ship with little kids. Whats the plan of attack?

amyhphoto

Im taking my 6 and 9 year old girls on a girls only cruise Aug 06, Oasis. Im pretty well obsessed with the trip and counting the days. My favorite thing is when you first board the ship and get all excited and go looking around. Im curious if anyone has a plan for their first couple of hours with kids specifically. My 9 yr old makes me crazy and will be very overwhelmed, my 6 year ols will just freak out over all things shiny and I want to enjoy their reactions. Curious if and past cruisers have any lessons learned or future cruisers with kids have a plan.

Im thinking maybe just go to the pool and look around the ship later or the next day. We arent getting off at Labadee.

Thoughts?

The ship is large and there will be new things for them to find every day. Maybe take them to Boardwalk and have them start with the carousel, aqua theater, and the rest of the sights there. I would also get them involved in the kids program on the first night and let that program unfold with them as well - RCI's program is excellent and they will enjoy themselves with it.

Just curious why you don't plan to get off the ship at Labadee?

We make kids club (Adventure Ocean) arrangements ASAP. Depending on the cruise/ship, it could fill up. If there's any drop in time that 1st day, we take advantage of some.

The H2O Zone will have to wait, at least for us. We won't leave young kids there unattended, for reasons that are apparently not obvious to some parents.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Just curious why you don't plan to get off the ship at Labadee?

I've been there, the older one's been there. Not a huge fan. We live 10 miles from the beach in Jupiter FL. I'm just excited to enjoy the ship with so many people off of it!