Internet Access and Webinars

I am on the Magic in August. I just found out from work that I have to attend a webinar while I am on board. I have talked with Carnival and they assure me with the Premium package I will be able to view the webinar. Has anyone had experience with accessing webinars while on board?

As a backup plan I thought I might try to go to the local library on St. Kitts.

Thank you in advance!

Linda

Never had to do a webinar, but our experience on Regal Princess was that the internet was really slow and all we needed to do is get something from our email printed for diving. It's a shame you are expected to work on vacation. I wonder if it's something that someone could record and save for you when you return.

I was on Magic summer of 2015. Bought the most expensive internet plan available. Could not even get emails reliably. The Internet seemed to be hit or miss. Sometimes I could get my email and sometimes even that wouldn't work. No internet sites would even ever load. I don't know if anything has changed since then but that was my experience.

I was also told when I purchased the premium package that I would have full access to Internet. Didn't happen.

My last 2 cruises just got the social plans and that seemed to work ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Best bet would be the highest internet plan. Really depends on your itin, time, satellite location, and fellow pax. Though on our October HI cruise DH noticed a big improvement over a few years ago.

Hint-- look for the repeaters. DH discovered that the ones with fewer pax around were stronger (obviously)

I am on the Magic in August. I just found out from work that I have to attend a webinar while I am on board. I have talked with Carnival and they assure me with the Premium package I will be able to view the webinar. Has anyone had experience with accessing webinars while on board?

Yes. My career has me online for the same thing and accessible, and it worked great. If you have stand alone mail tools like Outlook close it first, and then click the webinar link. The speeds were fine all day with access slowing down in the evenings after 4pm until 11pm or so. We get balcony cabins on the lido deck, and speeds have been fine.

If you need phone access then consider the Skype phone number. It's a month over month fee and works great on the higher speed package on Carnival. Let your clients know about the phone number being different and forward your phone number to the Skype number. This is not the free Skype service, this is a premium plan they offer for VOIP phone service. I put my phone in Airplane mode, turn on wifi and then access the ship internet.

Good luck!

https://www.skype.com/en/offers/unlimited-world-calling/

If you need phone access then consider the Skype phone number. It's a month over month fee and works great on the higher speed package on Carnival. Let your clients know about the phone number being different and forward your phone number to the Skype number. This is not the free Skype service, this is a premium plan they offer for VOIP phone service. I put my phone in Airplane mode, turn on wifi and then access the ship internet.

Good luck!

https://www.skype.com/en/offers/unlimited-world-calling/

Never thought to use Skype phone numbers for a cruise. We've used them for land travels.

If you're going to call you can choose to call Cell or Cell & Landlines. The landline plans cost more. Let those who you're calling know that you're caller ID might be weird. DD's showed everything from her (local looking) number, No Caller ID, a series of random numbers or even, 0123456789. We got the digits-in-order number many times.

I was on the Magic 2 weeks ago and the internet speed was horrible. I had the premium package and I couldn't even get emails most of the time. There was one day when I couldn't login with my laptop or their computers. Unfortunately You might want to look into your backup plan as others have said there are many factors that will play into it.