Family of five.

We've had an excellent family oceanview on Radiance of the Seas from Sydney (3A, 2C) but you'll need to book early! Celebrity Solstice has some very spacious family staterooms which include a balcony and separate bedrooms with a large lounge- but again, they book out very early.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We cruised to New Zealand in a family ocean view on Radiance of the Seas. It was forward overlooking the bow with two large windows. Our family of five were mum, dad, adult son and girlfriend, and teenage daughter. Bed configuration consisted of queen and fold out sofa double in the main cabin area and a tiny bunk room (for want of a better description) with bunk singles. It was roomy enough with plenty of storage for our two week cruise. We typically do not spend much time in our cabin anyway, too much to see and do. We all had a good time and came home still liking each other anyway. Radiance is a very nice ship with great dining and lots of activities. Kids loved the rock climbing wall. The self-levelling pool tables were fun. Hubby and I really enjoyed the Chef's Table too. Would do that again in a heart beat. Happy cruising.

February is a great time to cruise in Australia as the school have gone back and the cruise fares are cheaper than December/January school holidays.

Radiance does have some great family rooms with videos on YouTube. I think you need to call Royal Caribbean directly to book one of these. They only have a few of these rooms and they do book out fast.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Another option would be to book interconnecting staterooms. At least this way you get 2 bathrooms.

I always travel with a travel door lock for my room called a "walk about travel lock". You can use this in the kids room door (advise your cabin attendant prior to use. I've never had a problem) and then keep the interconnecting door open and unlocked.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

.... the interconnecting staterooms on Celebrity Solstice have the nice feature of a mini foyer that can be created at the entrance to both cabins. Hard to describe but there are pics on line that show it well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Large family panoramic oceanview rooms on Voyager and Explorer of the Seas are our favourite rooms ever.

There are only 2 per ship, 1804 and 1854 on deck 12 at the very front of the ship with floor to ceiling glass. So you need to book early or be lucky - have been twice.

King or 2 singles, a divan that converts to a bed and a bunk room with 1 1/2 bathrooms ( 2 toilets), armchairs and a large revolving flatscreen tv in the room with plenty of floor space.

I believe later in 2018 they will be reclassified as family oceanview suites at an increased price. We had purchased these at cheaper than balcony prices.