Copenhagen Tour questions

We will arrive the morning of our cruise at Copenhagen around 9 am local time, and the NCL will leave at 5 pm, so we are thinking of doing a quick city tour prior to boarding the ship.

Are there any tour operators in the airport or do we need to transfer to city centre to find a tour? can the tours be arranged upon arrival or do they need to be booked in advance?

Can we get our bags with us on the tours' vehicle?

Is there a possibility of getting straight to the ship , board , drop our bags then leave and come back around 2 or 3 pm to board again?

Any ideas and responses are much appreciated.

Personally I have given up on the idea of tours on yeh day of the cruise start. Flight can be late and it always take time to get out of the airport. Arrival at 9 am will not allow for an excursion start before 10 - I alway plan to be at the pier at 11 to 12 am for luggage check-in - and then have an relaxing embarkation day.

If your flight not already booked consider to arrive into CPH the day before - avoiding the stress if flight is cancelled, delayed or your luggage did not make the flight.

Sorry for being a bit pessimistic on flights, but I have several times experienced few flight delays due to bad weather conditions, cancellations, air controller or pilot strikes as well as luggage being late.

Thank you all for the info.

@easyboy, yes we are planning on quick drive by the attractions, the way this trip happened we won't have enough time in Copenhagen pre or post cruise as we leave to Amsterdam by plane upon the return of the cruise. So we want to have a quick sampler until we can visit again and spend adequate time in this beautiful city.

You don't say where you're flying into Copenhagen from (your profile suggests your home city is Toronto) or whether you'll have cleared immigration and customs for the Schengen Area elsewhere. IMHO Copenhagen is a city best explored by foot and the extensive public transport network. You could look at storing luggage or getting it transported to the cruise terminal (http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/copenhagen/luggage-storage-and-transportation-services) and take the metro or train from CPH into the city and visit (say) Rosenborg Slot before heading to Oceankaj... or as per the above advice, just make your way to the terminal and chill and relax on-board

Oceankaj is fairly remote from the city. It would waste quite a bit of time to drop off your luggage at the ship and backtrack for a quick drive-by tour. Not sure if this is your flight but AC882 was delayed two out of past seven days.

I recommend you arrange for your bags to be delivered to the ship (per info from previous posters) and head to the Radhuspladsen (City Hall) for the 11:00 am walking tour offered by Copenhagen Free Walking Tours.

The tour lasts 2.5-3 hours and is EXCELLENT. You do not have to pre-book--just show up. The tour is free, but a nice tip to your guide at the end is appreciated. (And if your guide is anything like our guide, Magnus, was, then you will want to tip well.)

After the tour, head to Oceankaj by taxi or public transportation.

Thanks for the ideas ,

I will be arriving from Toronto to Copenhagen on AC882 and as rightly mentioned it has been delayed few times over the past weeks. I found out the Hop On Hop Off bus ( red line) offers bags storage on the bus and it's goes to the cruise through shuttle bus every 30 minutes. Does any one know if the cruise terminal they refer to is where the Norwegian Getaway will be docked?

I thought that would make sense as I could sample the city before I head to the pier.

I found out the Hop On Hop Off bus ( red line) offers bags storage on the bus and it's goes to the cruise through shuttle bus every 30 minutes. Does any one know if the cruise terminal they refer to is where the Norwegian Getaway will be docked?

I thought that would make sense as I could sample the city before I head to the pier.

It appears that the NCL Getaway is scheduled for the remaining cruises departing from Copenhagen in 2017 to be at C331 Oceankaj Terminal 1.

I believe the shuttle bus that Stromma Hop On Hop Off tours uses will transfer at the Little Mermaid stop. We were in Copenhagen days before our cruise so didn't use it, but I did see it shuttling to the terminal. FYI: when we were there in June of this year, the same bus is used for the Green and Blue tour routes. Many ticketholders weren't aware of this so stood at Stop 1 waiting for us to return to do the Blue tour.

I recommend you arrange for your bags to be delivered to the ship (per info from previous posters) and head to the Radhuspladsen (City Hall) for the 11:00 am walking tour offered by Copenhagen Free Walking Tours.

The tour lasts 2.5-3 hours and is EXCELLENT. You do not have to pre-book--just show up. The tour is free, but a nice tip to your guide at the end is appreciated. (And if your guide is anything like our guide, Magnus, was, then you will want to tip well.)

After the tour, head to Oceankaj by taxi or public transportation.

What currency did you use for the tip?

• 2 weeks later...
What currency did you use for the tip?

Danish krone. We were in Copenhagen for 2 days before our cruise and a day after our cruise, so we got plenty of DKK upon our arrival. While I imagine the guides would prefer DKK, I'm sure they'd be happy to get euros or even USD.

• 3 weeks later...