Belize Cave Tubing and Valuables?

tyeomans

We are thinking about doing cave tubing when we go to Belize on our cruise next month? The only thing we are concerned about is what do we do with our valuables without them getting wet. Wallet? Phones? Cameras? Do we just leave all of that on the ship? Do they have some sort of area where you can keep all of that safe, or do we just risk it and hope nothing gets ruined? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

We use a waterproof cell phone holder that has a lanyard attached to it. It's big enough for my phone (iPhone 6 plus) and a credit card, some cash, and my cruise card which is all I need. We got 4 of them for $14.99 on Amazon. It's much easier just hanging that around your neck. We leave the rest of our stuff in the shuttle which is locked up. It was perfect for the cavetubing in Belize. We use them everywhere, waterparks, Disney, Six Flags, etc. We use a brand called FitFort which has great reviews including one where someone lost theirs in the river and it was found a week later and was still dry. I can attest to that. Mine wasn't lost a week but it was completely submerged in a pool for quite some time with no water getting in at all. :)