Any noticeable differences on the Splendor from other ships?

marshabear

In many ways it is similar to the Conquest class ships, ie Liberty, Freedom, Glory, in layout. The biggest difference is the deck where one of the pools is, it has a roof, that can close or open depending on the weather, and the deck chairs are on the pool level or one level up, not the tiered layout of the conquest class. The aft pool, is open air and a very nice area. There are no "Guy Burgers or Blue Iguana" food stations like most of the other ships have, but you can get a regular burger, and I believe there is a burrito place in the buffet. Splendor also has a tandoor grill near that aft pool which for Indian food which is something I enjoy. The rest of the ship is quite similar inside to the Conquest class ships. Splendor's decor is also quite pink. Again this is something that actually happen to like:D I liked the Splendor very much. I believe there are aslo some nice differences in the spa, but I am not a spa person,so never did get to that area.

As previously stated, similar to the Conquest Class in many areas. Deck 5/Promenade Deck is same layout at the Conquest Class ships. The Lido Deck area has the biggest differences. Mid-Ship pool where all the activities are located has the sliding dome (sliding dome is Aft on Conquest Class) and the pool deck is not tiered on the Splendor. Deck 10 above the mid-ship pool is enclosed and has hot tub ....interesting.

The Serenity Deck on the Splendor is located forward on Deck 12, as it is on Conquest Class; however, on the Splendor the Serenity Deck is not walkable all the way around and does not have any hammocks or hot tubs.

The burger/grill is located in the same place, by the main pool. It is not Guys Burgers but there is an additional topping bar. The Pizza is also located by the mid-ship main pool on the Splendor as opposed to Aft on the Conquest Class. There is no Blue Iguana but yes, a Burrito station is part of the Lido Buffet daily.

My favorite part of the Splendor is the fabulous open air Aft pool deck. This is similar to the Spirit Class or Dream Class ships. The deck is not adult only but the pool and 2 hot tubs are for adults only. The food back here is Tandoor (fabulous!!) and Deli and there is no ice cream machine ..... on all 3 of my cruises on the Splendor there were barely any kids back here ever....occasionally with parents to get deli or Tandoor but it was so rare that you actually noticed them. The views from this deck are awesome!!!

The Spa is an upgraded Cloud 9. In addition to the usual spa fare there is a Thalasso pool and a sauna circuit. I had a Spa Cabin on one of my Splendor sailings and very much enjoyed the amenities offered. The number of people able to use this is limited for each sailing so that it does not get to crowded and remains a peaceful, relaxing experience.

There was definitely 3 self serve ice cream stations when we sailed her in 2013. Surprised that they took them all out. We used the indoor buffet one a lot.

Oh there was still ice cream stations :D

...there just was not one all the way aft, on the aft pool deck.

The ice cream stations were mid ship and in the indoor buffet area on both sides and very well attended :) I was trying to say, that with the Tandoor and Deli on the aft pool deck - as opposed to pizza on many ships - and the lack of ice cream machine combined with the pool/hot tubs being adult only, lend to this area having a lower amount of children then other ships I have been on

As previously stated, similar to the Conquest Class in many areas. Deck 5/Promenade Deck is same layout at the Conquest Class ships. The Lido Deck area has the biggest differences. Mid-Ship pool where all the activities are located has the sliding dome (sliding dome is Aft on Conquest Class) and the pool deck is not tiered on the Splendor. Deck 10 above the mid-ship pool is enclosed and has hot tub ....interesting.

The Serenity Deck on the Splendor is located forward on Deck 12, as it is on Conquest Class; however, on the Splendor the Serenity Deck is not walkable all the way around and does not have any hammocks or hot tubs.

The burger/grill is located in the same place, by the main pool. It is not Guys Burgers but there is an additional topping bar. The Pizza is also located by the mid-ship main pool on the Splendor as opposed to Aft on the Conquest Class. There is no Blue Iguana but yes, a Burrito station is part of the Lido Buffet daily.

My favorite part of the Splendor is the fabulous open air Aft pool deck. This is similar to the Spirit Class or Dream Class ships. The deck is not adult only but the pool and 2 hot tubs are for adults only. The food back here is Tandoor (fabulous!!) and Deli and there is no ice cream machine ..... on all 3 of my cruises on the Splendor there were barely any kids back here ever....occasionally with parents to get deli or Tandoor but it was so rare that you actually noticed them. The views from this deck are awesome!!!

The Spa is an upgraded Cloud 9. In addition to the usual spa fare there is a Thalasso pool and a sauna circuit. I had a Spa Cabin on one of my Splendor sailings and very much enjoyed the amenities offered. The number of people able to use this is limited for each sailing so that it does not get to crowded and remains a peaceful, relaxing experience.

When was the last time you were on splendor?

When I was on conquest in April they changed the adult aft pool to allow kids & there were a ton.. it was spring break..I was told it was changed on all ships that had the adult aft pool.. then a few weeks later I read where they had changed it back to adult only on splendor... I haven't been able to find any more info since the one post... I loved the adult aft pool & even book a room aft so it's easy access... I am on splendor in October for 2 sailings so I am hoping for adult only!

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The main positives for me were the covered mid ship pool, and the spa.

The negatives is they have not done any upgrades such as a Guys. Although I liked the decoration alot of ppl dont. High points for me were the 30s deco aft pool and Morroco lounge. The pink areas, dining rooms and lido design get critisized alot.

When I was on conquest in April they changed the adult aft pool to allow kids & there were a ton.. it was spring break..I was told it was changed on all ships that had the adult aft pool.. then a few weeks later I read where they had changed it back to adult only on splendor... I haven't been able to find any more info since the one post... I loved the adult aft pool & even book a room aft so it's easy access... I am on splendor in October for 2 sailings so I am hoping for adult only!

Thanks

Just off the Splendor a couple weeks ago and the aft pool was adult only.

thanks for all your replies! we are so glad the aft pool remains adult only as that is our favorite spot!

we, too , book aft to be closer to it and the Lido food/drinks!! :)

sailing Dec 10th....

Marsha

Thanks

I sailed on a B2B on 5/21 and 5/27

I was THRILLED that the Aft pool and Hot Tubs were Adult Only!! I was one of those people who was so frustrated when I heard the Family Friendly change as I had specifically booked this ship for a B2B because of how much I loved the deck when I sailed her last year!

Thanks

I'm on her this Halloween for the 2nd time. We love the Splendor mainly for the adult aft pool! I hope it stays/reverts back to adult only!

We have sailed many Carnival ships but never the Splendor-I know it is in it's own class so what will we notice that is different from the other Carnival ships?

Marsha

My review has lots of pictures, so you can see for yourself. Here is a link to my review ...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1777222

I've read that the aft pool is Adults only during low season, kids are allowed during high season. Winter, spring break, summer, any time when there's lots of kids. How true is this, no idea.

The Splendor is wider than the Conquest. Most noticeable in the buffet seating areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums