Your Opinions please. - as to invitations for travel companions.

sail7seas

as I have mentioned here a few hundred times or so........ Irecently sailed with a girlf riend to Bermuda on Veendam. We eaxh had our own Neptune Suite andd tha is only pertinent, in that we were not sharing a cabin. We had both of our TA's (Pcc) link our bookings. I am five star and while my g friend has sailed HAL a numer off tgimes, she has a different star.

I was inviited gtgo MAriers Brunch and the Medallion award program prior to brunch. My firiend was a not and that not only surprised me but was disappointing. I had hoped we would go together and while I doubt anhone would have turned her away, I would not put us in the position of possible embarrassment. IMO, The ffront office made a bad mistake and I suffered for it. I . would have enjoyed going together but would not show up somewhere that both were not expected. To them, its. a big so what !!! to me it was disappointing, sloppy, careless and unecesary,. SAME holds for a cocktail party that was held in Crows Nest. Our reservations were linkied, we voth were solo in our Neptune Suites a HAL could spare an exra glass of wine so my f riend and I could go together?they may think this insignificant but they are wrong. it matters to the guest (s)

Most know I am not shy, howewver, I would not say something to them about whagt I c onsiderered and inappropriate over sight I missesd out on getting the photo at Mariners Award Ceremeony with Captain and HOTel Director. That is always my favorite momento o from all cruisess .. I've sailed enough nights, enough ships, enough years on those ships, they could extend a courtesy to me and to my friend who is also a repeater Mariner. If I was invied to a party, she also should have been.

I KNOW what I could have done to corerect the mattter but that is humiliating, rude and crass

gti and II should not havde had to remedy their sloppiness. IMO They don'gtg give a thought to the acutual persons they dismiss............

Edited by sail7seas