Weight Limit on Scuba Excursion in Honduras

Third time on RC and my husband and I have been diving for 3 years now. My upcoming cruise, I'm trying to pick which ports that we want to dive in when I noticed that one port has a weight limit listed.

Now for horseback riding adventures, I understand. But I really don't understand why there would be a weight limit on a scuba dive trip. The weight limit is 250 and my husband is 260-265ish. He's a great swimmer, has dove plenty of times, wears a size XL shirt so should have no issue fitting into normal equipment... I really don't understand the problem. You have to be certified to go, which he is.

There's a big confirmation checkbox when I try to book the trip "Does this guest weigh under 250 lbs?" which leads me to believe they're somewhat serious about it.

Anyone have experience with this for a scuba excursion? The other two ports do not have weight limits so I guess we could just dive on those, but I'd read that Honduras is one of the best dive locations. Maybe I could book the excursion for myself and he could tag along..and pay when he gets there if they say OK? Thoughts?

Third time on RC and my husband and I have been diving for 3 years now. My upcoming cruise, I'm trying to pick which ports that we want to dive in when I noticed that one port has a weight limit listed.

Now for horseback riding adventures, I understand. But I really don't understand why there would be a weight limit on a scuba dive trip. The weight limit is 250 and my husband is 260-265ish. He's a great swimmer, has dove plenty of times, wears a size XL shirt so should have no issue fitting into normal equipment... I really don't understand the problem. You have to be certified to go, which he is.

There's a big confirmation checkbox when I try to book the trip "Does this guest weigh under 250 lbs?" which leads me to believe they're somewhat serious about it.

Anyone have experience with this for a scuba excursion? The other two ports do not have weight limits so I guess we could just dive on those, but I'd read that Honduras is one of the best dive locations. Maybe I could book the excursion for myself and he could tag along..and pay when he gets there if they say OK? Thoughts?

Generally speaking, such limits are from the insurance company.

If I were you, I would just go with a private tour operator.

Too many people are looking to hit the litigation lottery if the slightest thing goes wrong. I agree that is it probably a mandate from the insurance company.

You can almost always go to a site that offers advice about trips :halo: and find companies that offer the exact same experience when weight limits become an issue. In fact, often it will be the same people used by the line. I once found pictures of an excursion we were considering and noticed the business name on an employee shirt. I found them on the internet and was going to book directly with them but we decided on something else.