Vantage Douro Schedule

cole

We will be on the Douro with Vantage at a later date, beginning in Madrid and ending in Lisbon. If there is anyone who is currently or in the near future taking this cruise, could you copy your specific itinerary - meaning time you arrive in a port and when you leave for the next port. We are trying to decide if we want to book any private tours in a variety of ports, but unable to do so if we don't know when we arrive and/or leave. Thanks so much in advance for your help.

Cole

We will be on the Douro with Vantage at a later date, beginning in Madrid and ending in Lisbon. If there is anyone who is currently or in the near future taking this cruise, could you copy your specific itinerary - meaning time you arrive in a port and when you leave for the next port. We are trying to decide if we want to book any private tours in a variety of ports, but unable to do so if we don't know when we arrive and/or leave. Thanks so much in advance for your help.

Cole

Hope you get some information. We'll be doing the same itinerary next year (March 31 departure) with the Madeira extension. If you like, I can add you to the "All Vantage" roll call thread. Just give me your departure date. If I get any more information, I'll post it, but in my experience it's pretty unusual to get this info before cruising. Occasionally someone will scan the dailies and post a link to them, but it's pretty rare.

Hope you get some information. We'll be doing the same itinerary next year (March 31 departure) with the Madeira extension. If you like, I can add you to the "All Vantage" roll call thread. Just give me your departure date. If I get any more information, I'll post it, but in my experience it's pretty unusual to get this info before cruising. Occasionally someone will scan the dailies and post a link to them, but it's pretty rare.

Thanks - we are already on the Roll Call. Our departure isn't until October of 2018, but what can I say - I plan early! I realize that I might just be shooting in the dark, but hopefully someone will provide us with that info. This is our second time to do the Douro, but ending in Lisbon rather than beginning there.

Cole

Thanks - we are already on the Roll Call. Our departure isn't until October of 2018, but what can I say - I plan early! I realize that I might just be shooting in the dark, but hopefully someone will provide us with that info. This is our second time to do the Douro, but ending in Lisbon rather than beginning there.

Cole

Sorry I missed you. I'll add Douro to your cruise description. When I saw it, I assumed that you'd be doing wine harvest along one of the French or German rivers.

I'm an early planner as well, so I understand wanting as much info as possible. When we get back from our cruise in mid-April I'll scan the Vantage dailies and post a link to them. Maybe I'll do a daily blog as well. Of course our cruise won't include the activities that you'll have with the harvest trip, but it should give you an idea of what to expect.

As there is no nite time sailing, you may find it difficult to plan for private tours along the river.

I agree about evening tours along the river. We have done this before and loved the fact that we sail during the day. Actually, we were thinking about Madrid, Lisbon and Porto (we are in port at Porto for two evenings I believe).

Cole

And it would be great to see the dailies. Bet we wouldn't be the only ones who would appreciate seeing them.;)