Viking Sun - Christening Ceremony - anyone know where and when?

Queenie1603

We are sailing from Venice on the Viking Sun on 4 Oct. I have watched the float out and keel ceremony on YouTube but wondered when her christening will take place. I've twittered Viking but no reply yet. Maybe it will be in Venice! Anyone know?

Someone (non 100% reliable) told us that the christening would be during the World Cruise.

The Sky was christened this summer in Norway quite a while after she was launched.

Someone (non 100% reliable) told us that the christening would be during the World Cruise.

The Sky was christened this summer in Norway quite a while after she was launched.

Thank you. Viking have responded to my tweet. Though it didn't say when and where it did mention the world cruise so I think your source is correct. Val :)

Thank you. Viking have responded to my tweet. Though it didn't say when and where it did mention the world cruise so I think your source is correct. Val :)

Shanghai, is the port that was mention .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 7 months later...

This is from the December 15, 2017 press release announcing the start of the World Cruise:

Los Angeles (December 15, 2017) – Viking® (www.vikingcruises.com) today celebrated the kickoff of its inaugural World Cruise on its fourth and newest ocean ship, Viking Sun®, welcoming guests in Miami for the sold out 141-day itinerary. Viking Sun will spend nearly the next five months on the World Cruise, which spans five continents, 35 countries and 64 ports. During this journey from Miami to London, guests will first explore Cuba and the Caribbean, before sailing the Panama Canal to call on Los Angeles, the home of Viking’s U.S. headquarters and first West Coast port of call. Viking Sun will then sail to the South Pacific, Australia and Asia, where the ship will be christened in Shanghai on March 8, 2018. From there, Viking Sun will continue on with ports of call in Asia and then Europe, before finishing the World Cruise in London on May 5.