Fjord Boat Tour & Whale Watching tour Nuuk, Greenland

Has anyone taken this Regents Choice Tour? I'm curious as to what kind of boat it is. I walk with the aid of a walking stick so my balance is limited. A tender boat is no problem for me but walking a narrow gangplank would be a different issue.

I would add that this excursion really appeals to us if it is doable.

We took it last summer. As I recall there were several small boats captained by friendly locals. I think there were about two dozen of us, a family group of six were given their own boat, we were with two other couples and I think a larger boat took the rest. You get on the boats at a rather rustic pier and I recall having to climb in to the boat over the railing. I think the larger boat might have had easier access. I would think you would be fine on the larger boat. The local captain laughed and said there were no whales (inferring there rarely are) but it was a beautiful day and he drove to a waterfall and we got up close to numerous icebergs. We enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We took it last summer. As I recall there were several small boats captained by friendly locals. I think there were about two dozen of us, a family group of six were given their own boat, we were with two other couples and I think a larger boat took the rest. You get on the boats at a rather rustic pier and I recall having to climb in to the boat over the railing. I think the larger boat might have had easier access. I would think you would be fine on the larger boat. The local captain laughed and said there were no whales (inferring there rarely are) but it was a beautiful day and he drove to a waterfall and we got up close to numerous icebergs. We enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

thanks for the reply 'islandhalls' I must admit to really looking forward to this one. I will be setting my alarm clock to get up as soon as booking opens 240 days out.