Review: Carnival Magic Quick Review 6-day Eastern

Andy1850

On embarkation day we go to the Italian restaurant. It's free at lunch, with sit down service and no crowds as most people don't find it for a day or too. Another good spot is the Taste bar on Deck 5 that serves made-to-order sandwiches. The same place they do continental breakfast. Also with two lines at Guy's we've discovered the lines look terrible, but things move fast.

We did the Magic last November, in May and will be back on board for a B2B in December. Just got off the Fantasy and the crowds were there - we won't be doing any more summer cruises. It really is a different crowd, more cabins are booked with 4 guests and the ship really does feel crowded.

Thanks for the honest review and letting us know about the golf cart rental in Grand Turk.

The golf cart rental in Grand Turk....:mad:

We did that last year:

1. We paid a deposit before cruising. Paid the balance when we arrived - didn't have exact change but the lady said she would have our change when we returned. When we did return, she said it was a gas charge and refused to give it back to us! Lied and cheated in one fell swoop.

2. The golf cart moves about 15 MPH even with the pedal to the floor. There is no power or speed.

3. If it rains, which it did for us the entire day, it is completely miserable. Though we went from one place to the next to find shelter and see a bit of the island, it was not a pleasant experience.

4. At the lighthouse, we met some cruisers who had rented a small car at the port. The car was CHEAPER than the golf cart...and they stayed dry and cool with the A/C.

Never again, that's all I can say!

We did that last year:

1. We paid a deposit before cruising. Paid the balance when we arrived - didn't have exact change but the lady said she would have our change when we returned. When we did return, she said it was a gas charge and refused to give it back to us! Lied and cheated in one fell swoop.

2. The golf cart moves about 15 MPH even with the pedal to the floor. There is no power or speed.

3. If it rains, which it did for us the entire day, it is completely miserable. Though we went from one place to the next to find shelter and see a bit of the island, it was not a pleasant experience.

4. At the lighthouse, we met some cruisers who had rented a small car at the port. The car was CHEAPER than the golf cart...and they stayed dry and cool with the A/C.

Which company did you use for the golf cart rental?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did that last year:

I know exactly what lady you are referring to. She was not a plesant person.

We did that last year:

Interesting, I didn't know they car rentals, A/C would be nice during the summer months.