How exactly does YTD work?

gritsnc

23 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

I've heard people suggest this a few times, yet I've heard several people who complained that they had early dining but when they asked for a pace at Late Seating were told no. You are the first I've ever heard who were successful at this. Not saying it's not possible, just that if you are denied Late Seating at 8:30, you better make it to the Lido in a hurry to eat, since most of the buffet line close down at 9.

My experience second hand has been if you miss your scheduled dining time, you are usually told the Lido buffet is available when attempting another dining time or YTD at the MDR. 

Late dining is at  8:15 PM and the Lido buffet is open until 9:30 PM,  so you should still have plenty of time to eat at the buffet if you don’t get seated at the MDR during late dining. 

19 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Late dining is at  8:15 PM and the Lido buffet is open until 9:30 PM,  so you should still have plenty of time to eat at the buffet if you don’t get seated at the MDR during late dining. 

I stand corrected- I don't think I've ever done Late Dining so I wasn't sure of the time.

But I do know that on my last cruise, the Lido buffet was closing everything down at 8:55 when we went there for dinner (I'd suffered an allergic reaction to the pool and slept the afternoon and evening away as a result). We ended up having pizza for supper since that was the only thing open. Even the Deli was closed.