Serenity Area

voilaparis1

We are leaving in a week on the Ecstacy Cruise, it is our first cruise. Can someone explain what is the serenity area like? Any places to avoid on the ship? Did you use the Carnival App on the ship and was it good?Any supply we should bring beside the sunscreen? Any recommendation for embarquement from Charleston SC? ANy suggestion is appreciated :)

What is the serenity area like ? Well it's rather small with two hot tubs packed with people most of the time.

Any places to avoid on the ship? I avoid the serenity area on Fantasy class ships, just too hot with nothing more than a shower to rinse / cool off with.

Charleston is a madhouse for embarkation. Get in line and go with the flow. Downtown is loaded with all types of restaurants , bars and such .Historically beautiful. Take a carriage ride if you're staying over a night before your cruise .

Enjoy !

We were on the Ecstasy two years ago and the Paradise last week. Both are Fantasy class ships and we loved the Serenity area. There are two ways to REALLY enjoy your time. One is to get up early and then go back to sleep on one of the loungers. The other is to stay on the ship when in port. Both times we did that we had several hours when only about five people were at that part of the ship. As for getting cooled off --- we got some drinks and got in the shower on deck every 45 minutes or so and then didn't dry off. Some of the most relaxing times I've ever had. That area of the ship also has some great view off the aft part of the ship, so you can watch everything that is going on in port.

We really enjoy the Fantasy ships, so I don't know of any places I would avoid.

Bring your own hairdryer unless you are in a suite. No refrigerators either unless you are in a suite, but the room steward will get you an ice bucket if you ask.

Check out the front of the ship on the Veranda deck. You have to go past the suites on that floor and then through the door at the end of the hall. There is a forward viewing deck that you can go to which extends way out to the side of the ship and over the water. Great to watch the flying fish from that spot. Hope you have a good time.