Booking Question

iriecruising

Hello Everyone,

I have a question regarding the best way to book a cruise and/or how to find out if a company is reputable. (I know I CANNOT ask for travel agent recommendations here so please do not post any. I dont want to get anyone in trouble!) My travel agent who had a local office passed away several years ago so my last 2 cruises have been booked directly with Carnival and Norwegian. I see all kinds of online cruise booking companies and I wonder if anyone thinks they are worth it. Do they actually offer better deals than booking directly with the cruise line? Also I wonder how you know if a company is legit and reputable. Call me a skeptic but I dont want to go handing out my credit card number thinking I am booking a cruise only to find out I was scammed. I am itching to book my next cruise so if anyone has any advice on whether these companies are worth it and how to find out if they are legit please let me know. I welcome all feedback! Thanks!

You can often get perks from a TA that the cruise line won't give you (not necessarily a cheaper price). I always use a TA. Two ways to check them out are 1) if you are in the US you can check with the Better Business Bureau, and 2) google the company and see what others have to say about them.

I have found a way to find a good TA is, as easyboy suggested, to talk with people on the ship as well as asking friends, family, co-workers, etc.

Carnival does not allow any TA to charge less than Carnival's price. If you get a price lower than Carnival's the TA is giving you part of their commission, or they give you a bottle of wine.

I think RCCL does this too but don't know about NCL.

We book on line with Carnival and usually will get $265@ OBC for doing this.