Yacht Club Newbie - Butlet Packing

doob

Hi, we have cruised several times with MSC but in October we are taking our first cruise in Yacht Club - Splendida in October-super excited!!

I would like the butler to unpack but here is my question if you ask the butler to repack at the end of the cruise does he/she handle your dirty clothes?? A strange question I know but by the end of the cruise most of our clothes will have been worn.

How does this work timing wise as I am aware one butler services a few cabins? Also has any body tipped extra for this service?

Last question - am I correct in thinking that you don't have to put your luggage outside your door on the last night - it's taken off the ship just before you depart?

Many thanks for any info you can give me!

Butler will pack clothes and everything else back into your bags at the end of the cruise, just like they will unpack at the beginning. Dirty or not, they use white gloves so it shouldn't be an issue.

Hi, we have cruised several times with MSC but in October we are taking our first cruise in Yacht Club - Splendida in October-super excited!!

I would like the butler to unpack but here is my question if you ask the butler to repack at the end of the cruise does he/she handle your dirty clothes?? A strange question I know but by the end of the cruise most of our clothes will have been worn.

How does this work timing wise as I am aware one butler services a few cabins? Also has any body tipped extra for this service?

Last question - am I correct in thinking that you don't have to put your luggage outside your door on the last night - it's taken off the ship just before you depart?

Many thanks for any info you can give me!

We Never ask the butler to pack and unpack our clothes, and i don't think he wants to handle your dirty undies!!!!!!!!!!!

Just speaking from my Yacht Club experience on the Divina but you do not need to put your luggage out by 2am like everyone else. I keep the luggage in the room then by 8 am I move it into the Concierge area while I eat breakfast. When I am ready to leave the butler will often walk my luggage with me to the gangway. Just be aware that if you do not set the luggage out you will be responsible to move it through the terminal, it will not be taken off for you in the morning unless you count the butler taking it to the gangway.

I have sailed in many many suites for many many years but never ever had our butler pack or unpack our cases.Sometimes personal is personal. I saw a you-tube video once of a passenger filming his 'butler' unpacking his suitcase and just felt sorry for the butler, and even sorrier for the passenger who thought he was a white suppremist. Most of us have more manners.

• 2 weeks later...

The whole unpacking thing should be dropped as a "thing" as I don't know anyone who takes advantage of this service. It really is only for those elderly cruisers who need a bit of help bending/reaching. Or busy mothers who welcome the help to do this whilst managing a young child.

Its not a thing for 2 adults! Can you imagine, by the time you had segregated your clothes into clean/worn and too embarrassing you might as well have done it yourself.

No this is a service for folks who need it.

I have sailed in many many suites for many many years but never ever had our butler pack or unpack our cases.Sometimes personal is personal. I saw a you-tube video once of a passenger filming his 'butler' unpacking his suitcase and just felt sorry for the butler, and even sorrier for the passenger who thought he was a white suppremist. Most of us have more manners.