XCelerate Internet on Silhouette

clandestino_usr

Hello,

We're just about to embark the Silhouette for a 12-night cruise around the British Isles. I sailed last year on the same ship to St-Petersburg and the new internet package called "XCelerate" (that Celebrity claimed to be fast enough to "watch movies on netflix") was such a disaster that we received a 1K$ voucher from the Michael Club's concierge as an apology.

Has anyone experienced this ship's internet connectivity recently? Did Celebrity fixed things up or is it still totally unusable?

Thanks in advance for the feedback :-)

(And before you're tempted to do so: please don't lecture me on the "you-don't-go-on-vacation-to-stay-connected-on-the-internet"; as a business owner, I need to stay connected with my employee should they need me for anything urgent).

Is the XCelerate internet service available on all Celebrity ships? We were on Solstice in April, and the internet was pretty much the same speed as it's always been. Mostly really slow, with occasional bursts of speed that don't last long. In fairness, we were on the Transpacific itinerary for part of this, but even right in Sydney Harbour, the speed was not impressive.

We are on Silhouette next May on a Baltic cruise and, like the OP, my husband needs to be able to check emails. Last time we sailed on X (Eclipse 2014) the connection was not great. I'd be interested to know if others who have sailed more recently have found it better?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No it's not better. It's actually the same as before, sometimes even worse. Opening this thread's page took me 45+ seconds. Netflix is unusable, as Skype video calls or any other video streaming service. When considering the kind of hi-speed internet Carribean put on their ships, I don't understand why Celebrity - which is supposed to be a highest standard - does not upgrade their onboard connectivity. I can hopefully rely on 3G/4G while in ports and on land.