Quick question about boarding

coachj5452

I am cruising on the Conquest out of Port Everglades. My boarding time is12:00. If I arrive earlier than that, will I be allowed to board, or do they hold strictly to that time. My wife is in a wheelchair, and I like to avoid the crowds.

Hi,

Do not confuse "check in time" with "boarding time". They are not the same.

You have a check in time of noon. You will not be allowed into the terminal before then. Once you check in then you will be asked to wait until you are called for boarding. I believe that folks in wheel chairs are allowed on before the general crowd starts to board but unless you have FTTF or have platinum/diamond status etc. you will not be able to go directly to your cabin as it won't be ready for you. You will go to the Lido deck for lunch and wait until about 1:30ish for your cabin to be ready. IF you arrive later in the day after the main crowd is on board then you'd also be able to go directly to your cabin.

Hi,

I believe that folks in wheel chairs are allowed on before the general crowd starts to board but unless you have FTTF or have platinum/diamond status etc. you will not be able to go directly to your cabin as it won't be ready for you.

That used to be the case, but they have eliminated the "special needs" boarding group. Now everyone boards with their assigned boarding group.

That is not your BOARDING time. That is the time that you will be allowed inside the terminal to commence the check-in process.

If you arrive earlier, be prepared to wait outside as you will not be permitted inside.

I believe that folks in wheel chairs are allowed on before the general crowd starts to board
Incorrect. You board with your zone unless you have Priority Boarding (Dia/Plat, suites, FTTF).

Suggest you try to get FTTF if you prefer to check in earlier than your check in time of 12:00

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Or save your money and come later when there are no crowds. It's a decision -- which is more important - avoiding the crowds or being on the ship early.