Nassau- what was your best "non-excursion"

Smcottrell87

Rose Island is nice but I prefer a place with amenities, personally. Love Beach, Melia, etc. I would take Melia over Rose Island. Cable Beach is huge and very uncrowded with plenty of areas with nobody at all.

Rose Island is nice but I prefer a place with amenities, personally. Love Beach, Melia, etc. I would take Melia over Rose Island. Cable Beach is huge and very uncrowded with plenty of areas with nobody at all.

Rose Island is definitely not for people who enjoy amenities or infrastructure. It’s more of a secluded, off the beaten path, Robinson Crusoe kind of experience. But that’s what we were looking for on our last cruise which is why we enjoyed it so much. Our boat captain informed us about the lack of facilities or food/drink establishments so we made a stop for supplies before we headed that way. We bought snacks, as well as beer and other drinks which we kept on the boat’s cooler.

I’ve done Cable Beach (I’ve actually taken land vacations and stayed at the Melia) and I really enjoy the beach there, definitely more than anything on Paradise Island. Less crowded then Paradise Island but far from secluded. Once again it all boils down to what the OP may be searching for.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Rose Island is definitely not for people who enjoy amenities or infrastructure. It’s more of a secluded, off the beaten path, Robinson Crusoe kind of experience. But that’s what we were looking for on our last cruise which is why we enjoyed it so much. Our boat captain informed us about the lack of facilities or food/drink establishments so we made a stop for supplies before we headed that way. We bought snacks, as well as beer and other drinks which we kept on the boat’s cooler.

I’ve done Cable Beach (I’ve actually taken land vacations and stayed at the Melia) and I really enjoy the beach there, definitely more than anything on Paradise Island. Less crowded then Paradise Island but far from secluded. Once again it all boils down to what the OP may be searching for.

Hey Tapi...

Just booked a last minute cruise to the Island... and sent you a friend request. Can you please PM me back with the name of the private operator you used.

Thanks so much,

DJ

(yes I know I've got a lot of updating to do on here..lol)

Hey Tapi...

Just booked a last minute cruise to the Island... and sent you a friend request. Can you please PM me back with the name of the private operator you used.

Thanks so much,

DJ

(yes I know I've got a lot of updating to do on here..lol)

Hi. When I try to send a PM it says to contact the administrator (??).

Anyway, we went with Bay West Adventures. Our meeting point was right next to Señor Frog’s. From there, our boat captain took us to a spot where we walked across the street to a convenience store for snacks and drinks. From there we made another stop at a small island (same one that Sandals uses but on the north side) where we snorkeled with sea turtles. He provided the snorkeling equipment. From there, we sailed to Rose Island where we spent the rest of our time.

There are several operators that take people to Rose Island, and you’ll see several tour boats of various sizes anchored along the way . But out guy took us farther away to the beach that you seen in the pictures where we were all by ourselves.

It’s a bit pricey if you don’t have a lot of people in your group, but we split the cost among our family members which made it as affordable as if we’d taken a ship sponsored tour in a bigger boat with other people.

But it was truly worth it! Normally I dread stopping in Nassau because I’ve been there so many times and because there are so many tourists everywhere you go, but this experience was unique and it made me develop a new appreciation for this port of call.