Arghh! Yeah it's Venice but flights are a nightmare! Help!

IndyDenise

Ok, am I missing something? You want to depart Venice ASAP? It is one of the most incredibly beautiful and unique cities in the world. We did a Regent 7 Seas Med cruise 5 years ago. Disembarked and stayed overnight at the Westin Grand Canal. Had wine on the dock overlooking the Grand Canal and took a gondola ride at sunset.

If you have any romance in your soul, you will spend the extra money and stay an extra night post cruise. You will remember it FOREVER.

Arriverderci,

Frank

Totally agree - Venezia is one of my very favorite cities to visit and my most memorable sail away as well......

Ok, am I missing something? You want to depart Venice ASAP? It is one of the most incredibly beautiful and unique cities in the world. We did a Regent 7 Seas Med cruise 5 years ago. Disembarked and stayed overnight at the Westin Grand Canal. Had wine on the dock overlooking the Grand Canal and took a gondola ride at sunset.

If you have any romance in your soul, you will spend the extra money and stay an extra night post cruise. You will remember it FOREVER.

Arriverderci,

Frank

No, you are not missing anything. I do not want to leave early but I do have to get back to work. I may do the 6am flight the day after disembarking and stay close to the airport the night before...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on the April 30th, Venice to Rome. I did a great deal of research and found Lufthansa flights that

met our needs. We fly out of Dulles in VA. Over we go via Frankfurt and back via Munich. These are 2 easy to move in airports and since we leave Rome to another EU city we don't have to worry about the extended check in process in Rome. I found the flights, Holland America Flight ease was able to secure them for me for 300 dollars per person less so my advice is see what Holland can do for you!!

The only leg I've flown on Lufthansa was Frankfurt or Munich (I can't remember which) to Rome. The flight was great (with a lunch service) and we didn't have to clear EU customs at FCO.

That's great to know about HAL's ability to get your flights cheaper. I'll definitely have to keep that in mind!

I get having to return to work. But as a philosopher once said "Nobody has on their tombstone ' I regret not going to work more'". You only live once, so please, enjoy the experience of a day in Venice, just take a water taxi (vaporetto) down the Grand Canal. Walk the narrow streets and go over a 100 little bridges over the many canals. Have been there twice, could go back 100 times and not be bored.