$$ amount posted to S&S card?

Golfgrl1911

Forgive me if this is a question that's been asked over & over.......How much does Carnival pre-charge per day on a credit card? I know I will be charged the $10.00 per day gratuity & I am only doing a 4 night cruise, solo, so don't anticipate exceeding $500.00 for the entire cruise, but I was curious.

Also I was curious to know if I am able to bring my luggage on with me (1 26 inch) or do they prefer I check it & let them leave it in the cabin? I am booked in a guarantee cabin and the luggage tags delivered in my documents are labeled TBA. Is this going to be a problem? Thanks in advance for the info! Nancy:)

You will have to check your bag. I don't think it will fit through small x-ray machine. tba means to be announced. You probably won't know your cabin # until you arrive at the port. Did you book pretty close to sailing date?

Barry

Booked 2 months prior to sailing. Less than 2 weeks after returning from HAL's Zuiderdam. Yep, I'm definately hooked!! I booked the upper/lower cabin......clearly a change from my S Suite on the "Z"!! Since I'm going this one alone I'm not as concerned with the whereabouts of the cabin. Plus it was a real bargain!! Nancy:)

golfgirl1911- I worked in the Stow/Hudson area for a couple of years. I'm originally from Ravenna.

Cruise lines usually put a hold on your credit card at the beginning of the cruise for $100-$350 depending on the length of the cruise.

I would check the bag. It won't take long for them to track you down.

Nancy- I'm a sister, not the brother. I'm now located in Carroll County. All of our cruises so far had holds of $350 for a seven day. We've always spent less than that except for gratuities. Cruising is our favorite form of vacationing. Seven to date and the eighth one booked.

On several past cruises, 7 day they held $350.00 on our credit card. However alot of folks are using debit cards and many only allow 300 per transactrion and that was a mess so I was told..

to start tips will be applied (140 for 2) and 50 hold will be placed and added to as you purchase! Hope that helps. I am ready for whatever they come up with but seams to be some confusion. I asked and was told yes this is a new policy.

I had posted on here before about how much the hold for the S&S cards. I spoke with Carnival today and they said that we can just use cash instead of cc if we like (and we do!). She said for two people for a seven day cruise it would be 200pp if we each wanted our own separate account. Per the Carnival rep (which may or may not mean anything?) if (somehow) you do not manage to spend that amount, then you would get cash back when you settle the bill. I think we are just going to front the cash instead of using our debit card. Any holds they place may effect our automated bills being declined and I don't want to deal with that mess.

Amanda

I think we are just going to front the cash instead of using our debit card. Any holds they place may effect our automated bills being declined and I don't want to deal with that mess.

Amanda

This is also one reason that I plan on using cash only when I sail in April on my first cruise. ;) Also I have read posts about the heartache of coming home to a bill on a cc for a vacation that has already happened.:(

I am using the "envelope system" that I have used for myself since I was a little girl to save for things I want. Something about having the $ ahead of time is satisfying to know I won't have a debt. I make an envelope with the item's name on the open side (not the side you address) and the amount of $ I will need. Then tack it to my bulletin board (or when I was little, by bedroom wall!!:eek:) And add $$ to it when I get paid or have change from the grocery store, or find some of dh's $ in the bottom of the washer or dryer, etc.(we have a finders-keepers rule and I'm the only one who does the laundry around here, so I always profit.:rolleyes: I close it when it's got the appropriate amount in it. I did this for my wedding in 1999 and didn't have to scramble for money to pay anyone after the ceremony or after the honeymoon.

I have the $20 per day tip $ already saved for myself and my 5 year old that will be cruising with me. My dh will be planting and won't be with us. (My mom is going.) I am now working on putting away the sign and sail cash and spending money for Key West and Nassau. I have envelopes for each thing.(sign and sail, Key West, Nassau, extra tip $..for stewards, waiters, taxis..) My dh adds to the envelopes when I'm not around and he doesn't know I already know. Isn't that sweet??

I've kinda babbled on, but I hope this idea helps others.:)

Our Carnival Rep told us we would need to put $200 in cash pp however when we boarded the ship, as long as we covered the tips, the rest didn't matter. It was completely up to us. I put down a minimal amount ($100 to cover all three of us + the tips) I thought we might spend and kept an eye on the account during the cruise to see if we needed to add more. I believe we only added about $40 to that amount.

No bill when we came home. No holds on any cards. That was a sweet ending to a great time.

Archived