Wines around the World

Thoughts welcome from anyone who has participated. I booked this for myself and Hubby on the Majesty. Are the wines good? Seems like a decent value ($17.70 pp) to sample 5 wines twice (with and without the cheese fruit platter).

Thanks in advance!

It's a fun way to spend an hour and meet a few people, but I wouldn't necessarily call it a good "value." We did it on Adventure last week and had a nice time. We had a small pour of five different wines; the wines were okay, not great. We would probably do it again, but I wouldn't make it a priority.

Also something to consider...on our cruise, it was held at 3:00 on a sea day, a day when we already like to sleep in and take it easy. We found ourselves not all that motivated to come in from the pool and clean up to attend something right in the middle of the day. Since we had already paid for it, we went, but I'm not sure it was necessary to crowd the schedule like that. We probably would have enjoyed getting ready a little early for dinner and spending an hour at one of the bars enjoying a glass or two of good wine instead.

It's a nice thing to do on a sea day, especially during bad weather days....but....only if you are new to wines IMHO.

The wines were not that great and some of the information was a tad off. If you already have wine knowledge...save

the money and buy a nice bottle of wine to enjoy on the ship.